[Aradune/Rizlona] TSS Launch Conflicts with 24h Downtime

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by McJumps, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Ishbu Augur

You're wrong. This absolutely ruins planning. Many people have to get time off work for a launch push. Not knowing if that push starts on time, or the next day makes scheduling limited time off an impossibility.
  2. Triconix Augur

...did you even read what I said? Woosh

You plan everything and day later and if the servers come up early you keep those plans. Done. Thats how you make planning work. By planning and following through. So now is this the time I can say you're wrong?
  3. Rogean Lorekeeper

This makes it significantly harder to plan for, even for those of us that are not racing for server firsts. The last 24 hour downtime was significantly shorter, so now we don't know if it's just going to be 8 hours or 24 hours. We aren't able to "Adjust" our real life obligations on a whim when the server unlocks, but we can plan accordingly if we know, like in the past, that the expansion opens at 2 PM PT.

Also, the expansion could absolutely be opened earlier. This is merely a difference between can't and won't.

My suggestion would just be open the expansion on Thursday July 21st instead. Why patch days are always the same days as launch days is also pretty confusing to me.
    Ishbu likes this.
  4. TheAgenda Augur

Just gotta adapt and overcome
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Ishbu Augur

I read it. You clearly didnt read mine but felt like replying anyways.

People have limited time off. You cant plan for a day later launch which requires Thursday and Friday time off and then magically have time off Wednesday if servers came up.

Again, you are flat out wrong thinking everyone can just plan for a day later and adjust on the fly for a launch push.

You maybe dont know what a race through is like so should abstain from trying to dictate things you arent knowledgable about. Trying to play forum warrior wont make your take here any less wrong

Edit - it may also be you dont understand what a race or push through an expansion means. You dont sit around doing nothing for hours while servers are up, which you seem to believe is the case, this making keeping plans that dont start til a later time not an option. Your only suggestion is not applicable to the issue at hand
  6. Triconix Augur

You're clearly not comprehending what I'm saying.

You make plans for Thursday and Friday. If server comes up on Wednesday...you continue with the plan of Thursday and Friday and you don't bother worrying about Wednesday. It's not difficult. No adjusting on the fly.

Race? What race? This content came out 16 years ago. There is literally no difference if you're guild #100 or guild #101.

At least you have some kind of warning to plan around. How would it feel being ready for a gamewide first competition on live only to have the tier not launch because devs forgot about Leap Year and fudged up the date in the code? Yeah, that was real fun sitting in ToV EW for hours just to end up not being able to do anything at the end of the day. All those people who took off and were ready and absolutely no warning of that and had to plan again on the fly.

P.S. I know exactly what a launch push is. I've played for game-wide top kills for two decades.
  7. Ishbu Augur

If you know about a launch push as you claim, then you know you dont sit around for hours to a day while the servers are up not playing because you had to make tentative plans for a day later due to poor planning by daybreak.

What you are proposing is not a solution, it doesnt solve the problem. There very much is a race for many players to get on and start going through the new expansion. Your personal playstyle is not the playstyle every single other player uses or has to use, and your solution which works for you personally does not work for many people in many other guilds

Get over yourself. I know of at least 5 guilds on your server that are affected by this that your solution does not work for and is just not applicable at all
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

On the same token Daybreak doesn't worry about the player created races for expansions that have launched and been beaten many times before.
  9. jeskola pheerie

There are no races left on these servers.

Spoiler alert:

Aradune first place That's EQ Baby, followed by a distant 2nd place of whatever smattering of guilds are left.

Rizlona first place Shattered Soul, distant 2nd place Deconstructing Gods
  10. Zapsos Augur

It was about an hour for the latest expansion - but sure whatever fits your narrative.:rolleyes:
  11. jack of all trades Elder

Fixed that for ya.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Some players would disagree with you, and even if a race isn't competitive doesn't mean that people are still not taking part in it.
  13. Strife Lorekeeper

If you had any idea what you were talking about; You would know the launch race on any given TLP has next to nothing with the race portion.

It has everything to do with recruitment. You live and die by recruitment on TLP's. People by their nature want to be in the top guild. Ergo you need to race to attract consistent recruits.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. jeskola pheerie

right,.if a tree falls and all that
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is accurate imho, unless you happen to be the only EU or US guild remaining so you are literally the only guild in town you absolutely do have to consider server-firsts as a recruitment tool, not being a bunch of douches helps a lot too so don't go burning any bridges or you will pay for it later.
  16. Logulai Journeyman

For those saying there are no raids on TLP's anymore, we all know that is completely incorrect. Some of us mainly enjoy that part of each new expansion release on these TLP's. Let's stop being completely idiotic thinking people that put in for a certain day off of work can just change that on a dime. To think otherwise is completely ignorant.
    You also can't just have people chomping at the bits clicking server connect over and over within the 24- hour period hoping or dreading the server comes up early.
    An expansion launch race takes tons of planning and proper execution. That means everyone on and ready to go when the launch happens. Not some half expectation of servers possibly coming up early.

Let us also take a look at this server merge that can't be adjusted even though it ALREADY was adjusted... Really? I guarantee a smaller population cares about this server merge than the population affected by the expansion launches (also something that can literally be done on any other day than the always launch days of TLP's). Is there a problem with monday, tuesday, or thursday? Does DBG not work on those days?
    Speaking for Aradune specifically, their population is primarily affected at the moment due to being on prophecy of ro, arguably one of the biggest dead times in ANY TLP's lifespan. So clearly Aradune has been waiting for serpents expansion for a LONG time, and to extend prophecy of ro would be terrible since we already had to deal with DODH for an extended week.

At this point you can always push the expansions a week earlier on the TLP's affected by the downtime. Don't think there will be many complaints about that, other than the obvious one where people already planned vacation days in order to push the new TLP content. Either way, don't understand the requirement to delay the merge no one cares about, which in turn affected a ton of people.
  17. Morrigan Bowjobs

18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I feel I need to push back a little on the blatant misrepresentation in your post. That's EQ Baby LOST 5/6 open world mobs in Theater of Blood to the "distant" 2nd place guild at server launch. This put the 2nd place guild into a position that, had they chosen to raid until 9am the next morning as EQ Baby did, they could have easily won that "race". As it stands, the 2nd place guild decided to allow people to go to bed at a decent hour, get up the next day and enter the end game raid zone at normal raiding times. That being said, the official time that EQ Baby was ahead of the 2nd place guild was 1 hour and 12 minutes.

So on Aradune, you have the option of either raiding all night long until 9am the next day, then getting about 4-5 hours of sleep to be back at it again, only to "win" by just over an hour, or you can be in that "distant" 2nd place guild, go to bed at a decent hour, and raid at your normal raid time only to find yourself 1 hour and 12 minutes behind That's EQ Baby. You have options.

Sometimes people want to get things done as quickly as possible without having to raid like you are trying to log as much overtime as possible at a low paying job.
  19. Ishbu Augur

Speaking of misrepresentation. Since you felt the need to discuss this in detail you should probably mention that one guild did it with half the people that the second guild used.

Some people want to actually contribute to a raid and not just be a meaningless thrall in the masses.

EDIT - Furthermore, your account of what happened is extremely erroneous. Some facts you failed to include:

TEB did not raid from launch forward, they broke off into groups and ran through single group content, something members of this 2nd place guild(as you called them) were doing at 3am.

TEB took the entire next day off from raiding and just resumed at a normal raid time, while the 2nd place guild started raiding several hours earlier. Total actual playing time difference was less than 3 hours, despite one guild using twice the people.

Most importantly, this 2nd place guild doesnt give a [redacted] about this as a whole. If they wanted to race to be first done, they would go all night, they choose not to, so I have no idea why you would have made this ridiculous post. PoR more than most expansions just favors throwing bodies around, something several guilds could do better than TEB can. The reality is, nobody most of TEB included, actually cares who clears what first. The racing through it just to do it is what is fun, and why several guilds from the server are in this thread and unhappy about the next expansion launching during a random duration downtime.
    Senadin and Logulai like this.
  20. Logulai Journeyman

Adorable. like ishbu said, you guys cleared it with twice our numbers. Not to mention we are way smaller of a guild nowadays. I guess we are also just going to ignore the last expansion where you guys were what, 14 hours behind us?
    Senadin likes this.