New currency

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

So, none of those features I listed required any changes to the game’s backend?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What are you even talking about, just because they change code doesn't mean they are related at all. Is this your way of admitting that you are wrong about how easy it would be?
  3. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

So, changing the currency limitations wouldn’t require any backend changes?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why are you deflecting from my question? It is a simple question. Or are you suggesting that every change to the game requires the same work?
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Why are you avoiding answering my questions? It’s simple, over the last decade why have they added features that required backend work?
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

both of you please stop posting
    Stymie, Wdor, Skrab and 1 other person like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

[IMG]
    Stymie and Skrab like this.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Can’t stop while someone is wrong on the forums.

Basically, we’ll get an updated Bazaar tool when they figure out how to add more monetization avenues than just a single perk. Increased monetization paths have been the driving force behind all the feature additions. Nobody here knows how much work that actually entails, but it’ll done when they need some new revenue source to show EG7 as part of their KPIs.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I did answer your question about why I thought it wasn't simple and you decided to ask other questions that are not even related to the issue. At the same time you refuse to answer a simple question about why they are not doing something that so many people ask for if you think it is so easy.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They know how to do it, just that the work is not as simple as you think it is. Why do you keep insisting it is so easy and that they are not making a highly desired change?
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This could have been over if Skrab would answer the question and stop trying to confuse matters by asking about other things. For some reason he is trying to confuse the matter by asking why can they do other things if they are not fixing the 32 bit limit on currency.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

"new currency". Jewelcrafting is silver > electrum > gold > platinum > velium. "New currency" should be Velium.

Didn't read a lot of this. Lots of random off topic stuff. Even the OP is talking about the currency drop rates and expansion locking it or whatever. Suggesting mobs drop 5 new currency which is worth 5k PP per kill? Come on...
  13. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  14. Sobmre Augur

its pretty sad this is still an issue..........and still being talked about.....obliviously they cant fix it or just don't care too invest enough to get it done.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Ding, ding ding.

The simple Dev time answer and why they are reluctant to bother with this.

Yet people say just add another currency and don't have a clue a dev will have to touch every single thing in game that uses copper as a base currency.

Fix my lag, balance classes....I can easily bypass Baz pricing without requiring Dev time.
    Wdor and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

It would not change anything if Skrab does answer or not. Many changes would be easy to do and were easy in the past. Even difficult and very time consuming things got solved in the past and if there is a will it most likely will be solved. It just think that it currently has a low priority as there are already taxed nobles which is a nice money sink for Daybreak that does keep the MMO hamster wheel running.

I have noticed that the copper based currency system like about everything else is still based on the old 32 bit architecture but that can be changed. Basically EQ does just run on 64 bit hard- and software now in the x86 compatibility mode. As the 64 bit architecture possibility is pretty new it would take some dev hours to convert that into 64 bit but I am sure that it could be done. The costs for doing so may be just way to high and the benefits to low and there are also limitations in manpower. To me it seems that all the many player expectations about 64 bit are just illusions and that not much will be changed. EQ can now use more server hardware RAM which does lead to more stability and the possiblity for bigger zones and more detailed graphic textures, but thats about it.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that isn't the point, he keeps claiming that the change is easy and demanding I answer an ever growing list of questions that he has while he refuses to answer my question about why it hasn't been done if it is as easy as he claims.

You are right it can be changed to 64 bit but that would be a big lift as the amount of the game it impacts would be a lot.
  18. Laronk Augur

It's probably not easy or even if it is easy its probably more work then they think it's worth currently

A possible solution!

I don't now if it was mentioned here. but if they made an in game item 100k platinum coin want that you could buy and sell at a 100% sell rate (so you get 100k platinum for each coin you sell to a merchant) then people could use trader and use trader to sell those coins for specific items or sell items for those coins

The barter /buyer system actually supports trading items for items already it's just not very searchable. If there was a 100k platinum coin item created that you could buy and sell for 100k with no loss (maybe you hand in to get the 100k or right click and it turns into 100k plat)

Then barter system could could also have better search items but I think introducing a 100k plat coin item to be the least amount of work. People who want to spend more than 2 million plat on something could probably deal with the terrible search system of /barter since they likely know what they want by name.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Have to agree with Waring and Nennius on this one. It hasn't been done because either (a) it is not as easy as anyone may think or (b) they don't want to do it.

Maybe they have seen these plat dupes in the past on several servers and think to themselves... if we create bollibob that equals 1000 plat and someone bollibob dupes on a server, that could really have a huge impact on a server economy. I dunno.
  20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

So I have a name for the new currency.

Mina Khronobucks.

You know who you are!