Test Update 06/07/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Only 2? And 3-4 with the current increase? Those numbers are lower then I have heard elsewhere. I have always seen at least 3 necros before the change and even more after it. The number of buffs a mob can have was over doubled and you are suggesting that might not even double the number of necros you can have on a raid?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Moege Augur

Yup, go and look at guilds roster/recruitment needs e.g ROI 3 on roster / recruitment low, TR (your own guild) 2 on roster / recruitment inquire

Need I say more ?
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is a problem with that statement. Just because a guild isn't recruiting for a class doesn't mean that they can't support more from that class (or that their roster is up to date). Regardless of class makeup a guild can only support a certain number of active raiders before people have to start sitting regularly and that is something I hope that guilds try to avoid. If you look at the TR site pretty much everyone is inquire.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Sancus Augur

I can't speak to other guilds, but this is our current distribution of pure-ish DPS classes (i.e., excl. ones we recruit for ADPS purposes):

Berserker: 3 / closed
    Magician: 4 / closed
    Monk: 2 / closed
    Necromancer: 3 / low
    Rogue: 3 / closed
    Wizard: 2 / medium

From our perspective, now that the debuff limit has been increased, we can reasonably accommodate more Necromancers from a debuff perspective than we'd want of any particular DPS class (4, usually). Classes that provide ADPS (Beastlords, Enchanters, Shaman, Druids, Bards, Rangers) nearly always have a higher priority for us recruitment-wise than classes we recruit to fill DPS slots, as support classes are generally less fungible.

Case in point: we've had Wizards on Medium for forever and not seen much (qualified) interest, so we're likely to open Magicians (in addition to just opening Necromancers) with the goal of recruiting ~2 additional overall caster DPS. On the other hand, when we only had two Enchanters, the only class I was interested in filling that spot with was a third Enchanter.

Just figured I'd give some insight as to why our recruitment needs are what we are. On balance, our desired quantity of Necromancers is skewed higher than that of most DPS classes.
    RPoo, Skuz, minimind and 1 other person like this.
  5. Goratoar Elder

Roster makeup isn't quite as simple as many people make it out to be. It really depends on your current makeup and pushing the things that you want to overload your dps with. People should not generally look to RoI as an example of how to set up, because RoI is reliant on the fact that they are so far ahead in terms of skill and dedication (and thusly dps) that they have completely different distributions of class strength than other guilds.

For example, SoD does not overload for burn dps. We overload tanks and clerics, which brings down overall dps, but incentivizes heavy multidotting or AE classes. In these situations, stacking mages and necros and shamans while not worrying about getting any monks or wizards makes sense. Obviously, if massive changes come through to how things work in the game, these overloaded setups will have a longer time adjusting and recruiting to work toward a new balance.

Necros have been fairly broken forever, Shamans since the last consolidation tweak in 2019 and Mages now since ToL launch, so you can see that these things tend to move glacially slow. Flavors of the month in this game tend to be flavors of 5+ years.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's a good point given how stagnant class development has been since SoE sold the game & the team got decimated. EoK was a jump but a lot of that was down to one dev doing a crapload of extra hours/work as I understand it
    Moege and Sancus like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I would presume that if you're a good player that always logs on, you could probably get invited to any guild if you pushed the issue. Class distribution is important, and may limits things, but at some point reliability gets valued too. Some classes seem to flake out after 6 months of making member, like, all the time.
    Ozon, Skuz and Sancus like this.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Truth, enchanters flake constantly.
  9. niente Developer

Please PM me your character name(s) before and/or after the transfer and what server you were moving from/to.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  10. Paladin Augur

BUG: Achievement: Throw You Own Hand (Lavastorm)

(Scorched Sky Collect set)

In the Achievement window there is a spelling error on the last item listed: 'Bronze Threded Stone Peg."

The item itself is spelled correctly ("Threaded").
  11. Angahran Augur

True, if they have been balanced using the bugged damage then their damage needs to be increased.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Several years back the devs intentionally put in a level 46 requirement on the turn ins at certain points because they got their panties in a knot since people had been able to get their 1.0s at low levels or even level 1. Now they just greatly lowered that restriction for Bersekers who were always at 46, but not for anyone else.
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Because the change was limited to Berserkers when it should have been done for all classes. Every other class had had similar restrictions as Berserkers put onto them several years ago to make their ability to get Epic 1.0 at least the same as the Berserker's.
  14. Tolzol Augur

Ok maybe you should learn to read also, the post Yinla quoted had nothing to do with berserker epic. None of the berserkers in this thread give a damn about TLP changes. We are all referring to the dicho nerf.
    Moege, Skuz, Silvena and 1 other person like this.
  15. Duder Augur

If that means Plane of Fear 2.0 wont release until OOW, that will remove an entire raid (during particular previous eras) that also contain absolutely era appropriate and significant high quality items as well as place further choke-holds on certain classes ability to obtain items from Plane of Fear for their epic 1.0.

Please reconsider this change.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There is a level 46 lock on all servers for all classes for at least one of the Epic 1.0 turn ins. These were implemented a couple years after they removed the ability to multiquest any of the Epic 1.0 main quests. I know that a lot of Beastlords have always complained about the having to be level 51 for a turn in, but I have also known some that got it done at 46; so it could be like the Ranger Druid one which gave a break on level if you had high enough faction. But yes they lowered Berzerkers to 36 after raising everyone else from 1 to 46.
    Vaniki will have it soon. The Dev's have all of the early zone versions set to exist for minimum period of time on the TLP servers to give people the oportunity to get items which only dropped in certain expansions or time periods. A couple months or less, and your issue will be resolved.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Not everyone was. There were just as many talking about the epic changes, there was even an entire specific discussion about it. The changes to the berserker Epic 1.0 apply to all servers, and thus are not TLP changes. Further the issue is that all other classes who had previously had their Epic 1.0 quests nerfed to require level 46 to get their 1.0, because of the requirement that the berserkers had, still have that level 46 requirement on all servers while berserkers are at 36. So no duh, berserkers don't care about other people getting screwed over as long as they benefit.

As far as the quote, I give it a 50/50 chance that the forum borked up and pulled the wrong post for the quote. Do you read what the forum auto feeds in when you are doing a quick one-line reply? The forums are littered with instances where the wrong person is quoted; most of the time it is easy to find who was intended to be quoted but sometimes it is not. In all likelihood, she was intending to quote Mhad and the forum quote got screwed up and she didn't realize it.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They lowered berserkers on the new level locked server and that was not for all servers.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, it applies to all. It was not only for that server, as they cannot do that. Regardless, all other classes still have their level 46 on restrictions on those servers. So again please explain why Berserkers should get an exception.
  20. theonepercent Augur

The entire server is based on them doing special stuff with level for just Vaniki and the patch notes specifically say it was only for level locked progression servers. Have you tried it on another server and it worked?
    Also the "all other classes" you keep mentioning are only bards and beastlords. Mages get screwed because it's a spell and would be way too op if it was reduced but as far as I know they can still complete their epic just not mem the spell. And bards are fairly irrelevant because no one was killing Trak at level 40. Anyway it's a far cry from all other classes.