Test Update 06/07/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Paladin Augur

No mention of fixing / adding the missing Achievements for AA's beyond 50K.

No mention of making sure Tinmizer's Fabulous Compactor being added back as a reward for the Scrap Metal quest (needed for the Achievement: Ak'Anon Quests - Tinmizer's Fabulous Compactor).

No mention of Illweed being added back into the game as a fished item in Lake of Ill Omen (needed for the Achievement: Cabilis Quests - Illweed Parchment).

No mention of 'Globule' items from leeches, mosquitoes and plants in the Swamp of No Hope; and from the Blood Pit; being added back the game (needed Achievement: Cabilis Quests - Blood Ink).

No mention of Lydia Nasin being added back East Freeport. She drops a Human Head needed for the Achievement: Neriak Quests - Death of Lyda Nasin.

No mention of 'Paws' being added back to the loot table of 'a skulking gnoll' in Surefall Glade (needed for the Achievement: Surefall Glade Quests - Gnoll Paws).
    Hobitses, Metanis and Knifen like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They aren't the only class who cannot do their epics, beastlords cannot either.
  3. Tolzol Augur

Not sure why you think that has anything at all to do with what you quoted.
    Quatreh, Moege, kizant and 2 others like this.
  4. Zolav Augur

SO... lets go back in time to TBM Beta.. now I wasn't too active then but I rem it. Dicho was introduced, and it hit for double for zerkers (6 times instead of 3) .. The devs were told about it if I recall.. nothing was done.. Fast forward to what?? 5-6 yrs later.. It is now part of how zerker dps is looked at and one BIG reason they were not given much in upgrades for many years. Even when they did the disconcerting changes in later in EoK they left Dicho alone... /boggle.

I am not saying it doesn't need to be fixed.. its not intended in its current state so sure fix it! Solid move. But what I am saying is something in the form of damage compensation needs to done. This is a straight up 10-15 perc nerf for an already less then mediocre class, the only class worse off are Monks and they are not too far behind zerkers.

Truth is not many zerkers even knew this was broke, only a few old timers who are still kicking it knew, and anyone who chooses to still play the class will more then likely move on to another or retire. When you play a class that does one thing well (DPS) and they cannot even kinda close up to current standards what is the point.

Z
    Silvena, Whipalox, Hobitses and 6 others like this.
  5. Fenl Bard

Make bleak fungus a quest item. Random loot messes up this drop big time.
    Aeonblade likes this.
  6. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Yes please, make the nightmare stop
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Zerkers were referring to their dichotomic & later line being fixed but in doing so halving the damage one of the singular most potent ability we have, it was a significant portion of zerker dps so the loss is fairly heavy & at a time we are hardly topping the charts.

Doing this without a compensatory increase elsewhere puts the class into bench warmer territory.
    Silvena and Tolzol like this.
  8. Moege Augur

necro/mage/rogue/druids out damages a zerk without breaking a sweat. with this change rangers/monks will on a burn. this from position where zerkers ruled the roost to not even worth mentioning anymore. yeah I see retirement looming for myself. Pity as I do like my guild.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Why retire? If you like your guild keep on going IMHO.

Look at how bad some classes have had it for longer and you won't feel quite so shafted.
    If there is one thing I learned about EQ is that everything is transitory, Necros are OP but they will not be forever, Wizards need help but eventually they'll get some, same goes for zerks, this fix hurts, but eventually we will get improvements, and hopefully in this case they are retroactive all the way back to the 105 era that introduced the Dicho line so we get those improvements that were not rolled out due to the dicho being so strong.
    Eryndhel, minimind and Yinla like this.
  10. Moege Augur

necro was my previous main gave up on something being done after 4 years, I really don't want to be waiting around for that amount of time yet again.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well I guess if playing the FOTM class is your jam you could always go back to Necro.
  12. Slasher Augur

I really don't see why there was even a need to "fix" this. The only class that benefited from it was zerkers and we're so far behind already why the need to reduce our dps even more ? The impact of this is severe and the devs simply do not care.
  13. Angahran Augur

Why would they double the damage ? The double proc was a BUG, so it needs to be fixed.
    sauron3030 likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The double proc is a bug but if the game has been balanced around the extra damage for the second proc it would make sense to adjust the damage.
  15. Tolzol Augur

I’m not as optimistic as you given who would have to make the necessary changes.
    kizant and Moege like this.
  16. Moege Augur

that is just it I played necro since 2001-2018, 17 years of good memories, last 4 years was just meh. FOTM does not appeal to me at all. I switched when I gave up on necro being wanted on raids. Now being confronted with the same situation yet again is disheartening.

Sadly I know who you are referring to. Best described as no ***** given.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If you need to ask this you have not been paying attention.

Zerkers with the bug were considered as not needing any further improvements due to their damage output, and have been falling behind for the past 5 expansions due to them having been capped at 255% crit rate & stagnating there while other classes have been seeing improvements on that front, closing & ovetaking us as a result.

So while the bug was in place no improvements were made to our "un-bugged" DPS, the bug held us back preventing us getting improvements as with it we were doing damage the devs expected. The bug was not making Zerkers OP, it wasn't even keeping us where we should be, but without it we are relegated to also-rans.
  18. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Will old transfers be fixed? Have 3 characters that lost all contents of hoard a while ago on live.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When have necros not been desired on raids? Sure there is a limit to how many you can have on a raid but that shouldn't be a major deal.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Moege Augur

Limit is a big deal, if a guild reaches the limit on a class they (should) stop recruiting that class. The limit was 2, probably 3-4 with the debuff slot increase.