Anguish Augs and the Murkglider School Leader issue.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elabone, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Elabone Augur

This post will be a 2 fold complaint / what were you thinking?

Firstly, you randomized the 5 named in Anguish that drop the best augs currently in game with random open world mobs that have varying difficulty and don't require anything extra to complete. So now when I go into anguish and kill the named, I have a CHANCE to get augs, if I don't, I get gear that literally no-one who is anguish flagged would ever want. (this sucks, but honestly, its within the spirit of the server, so I get it)

Secondly, one of the mobs that these augs are on a shared loot table with is the Murkglider School Leader. This is unique since at a specific point in the shaman epic, can be infinitely respawned (albeit with a 5ish minute lockout, and assuming the shaman doesn't loot the quest piece) which means a hypothetical guild, lets refer to them as <Noface> can just sit there and spawn this mob over and over and over for several days. Which is currently what has been happening.

I really really doubt that this is what was intended when the randomization of the anguish mobs (which is just a poor decision anyways) was done. I'm sure were at the point in the servers where we aren't going to get much support anyways, but it never hurts to ask!
    Triconix likes this.
  2. Triconix Augur

[IMG]
  3. Rcbauer Augur

You knew what you were getting when you rolled on Mischief.

Don't worry the server pop is so much lower now you'll get your augs sometime.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

o_O Mischief is still probably the most populated server in the game, TLP or otherwise.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

Don't the commanders have a chance of dropping the augs too? You always get 5 chances of getting the augs so just keep at it.
  6. Vicious EQ Elder

The correct answer is to remove the Murkglider School Leader from randomization entirely. The EQ Team has the ability to do this on the fly and has done so in the past for other exploitable targets upon request for thee random loot servers

I'm certain this situation also qualifies.
  7. Captain Video Augur

FV is the most populated server in the game, by a margin. Bristlebane is probably #2. Just a guess, I would think Yelinak may have passed Mischief for #3, but it's close. All four of those servers show High pop at 11:30 PDT as I type this.
  8. Protocol Dragon Defender

FV has half the daily population of Mischief.

Re: the OP. I wish my guildies had told me I could just be farming this murkglider :) sometimes Mischief rules work in the players favor I guess!
    Elabone and Tweakfour17 like this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

I disagree, but since DBG doesn't release any populations numbers we only have the vague high/medium/low to go off. Either way, Mischief has not lost a ton of people like Rcbauer would like to think.
  10. Captain Video Augur

Ranking FV as #1 is something that has been commonly accepted in the Live community for a long time now. Players that don't play regularly on any Live server aren't going to know as much as they think they do about the Live population. For someone in this thread to claim FV is half of Mischief is nonsense. Yes, Mischief has higher pop in OoW than any TLP before it, and I think most of us expected that, but there has still been some natural attrition since its launch. I don't know what Rcbauer said, I have him on my ignore list. :)

As for the OP, it's something I would think devs would look at.
  11. Triconix Augur

Michief is doing well and I'm happy because that's good for the well-being of the game overall.

However, we do need to acknowledge some things. Mischief reached OOW faster than any server besides Selos if I'm not mistaken. Also, Mischief basically siphoned TB dry like a vampire. Didn't the largest guild on TB (or one of) completely migrate/merge into Mischief? That being said, TB has by far the lowest population of any TLP in OOW to date.
  12. Elabone Augur

I'm only going to respond to this as a learning experience for you. Since you clearly have never been in Anguish. But all 5 named don't spawn every instance. You get between 2 and 5. So no, you don't get 5 chances at it.

I'm not worried about getting my augs, I've found it extremely fun 6 boxing the anguish runs. But in the spirit of the server, I don't think any dev ever intended an infinitely respawnable mob to be included on a loot tier that has the best augs in the game currently (outside of BiC).

And as a sidenote, I don't care that Faceless is farming it, I was just being cute.
  13. Triconix Augur

I think he's trying to say the ph "commander" mobs also have a chance to drop the augs. I personally have no idea. I don't play on the server. Is this statement accurate or not?
  14. Elabone Augur

oh. I have no idea if thats the case, ive literally never killed a commander lol
  15. Magician9001 Augur

Working as intended CoA are also fast 2 hour lockout and only take a few players.

We don't need to the list to be changed that only benefits those that have already done it and this isn't imbalanced with the rest of the server.

WoS named can drop MPG group trial loot and have short respawn when MGP group trials have a Lockout.

This is literally no different.
  16. Elabone Augur

Its entirely different. MPG trial loot is not BiS.
    WoS nameds are not spawnable on command by 1 class at a certain point in the epic.

The argument that they shouldn't fix something because other people already took advantage of it, is one of the worst arguments people use to justify anything on these servers. Cmon man.
  17. Vicious EQ Elder

This is an obvious exploit with an easy solution as I posted above.

Everyone this thread talking about FV vs this server or that server, or derailing this futher...you are the reason we have to jump through hoops to get anything fixed.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How is it an obvious exploit? At best I would call it a bug and something that should be posted in the bug section of the forums to get the best visibility.

As a side note if you really do consider something an exploit you should not be making a post with instructions on how to do it in the forums.
  19. Protocol Dragon Defender

“Commonly accepted on the live community” is not data.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  20. Elabone Augur

Except its not a bug, because someone added the mob to the list of shared mobs. Therefore its an oversight. Its posted in the correct place. I wouldn't go as far as to say its an obvious exploit, but its 100% not what the Devs intended, I can promise you that.