Training and Daybreak justice

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Moforyguy12345, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Moforyguy12345 Augur

So yesterday I was in a Unrest Gazebo group killing beetles and zombies. I won't lie and say I DID have an inappropriate name but I thought it was funny. A guy comes up to us while we're killing and says "you stole my beetle" (I'm the healer) I said lol if we did it was an accident just 1 beetle. He says "you think thats funny?" Proceeds to train us twice pulling the inside of the house and killing my teammates. I report him and I get my name changed lol.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would you expect them to ignore the rule violation of your name just because you got trained?
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Oh man, I know how you feel. Some rip off dude stole my entire stash of high dollar white powder (;)) and when I reported it to the cops they arrested me for possession and distribution. :D
    jeskola likes this.
  4. Moforyguy12345 Augur

So the name change I don't really care about it was just funny to me. But you guys are implying that a name is more of a big deal than training a group and getting some of them killed, over a beetle?
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No one is implying that the name was a bigger issue, just that it was noticed when they handled your ticket so they dealt with it at the same time.
  6. Loup Garou De loop de loop

No, what I was saying is don't throw rocks at glass houses. If you are in violation then expect to get hit too. You don't have any idea what happened to the other guy since they don't advise of the punishment. You told us yours.
  7. Moforyguy12345 Augur

So since my name was not appropriate I am throwing rocks at glass houses because I reported someone for training my group and getting 2 of them killed who's names are appropriate. Well he didn't get banned can only guess a warning cuz I still see him on.
  8. TheAgenda Augur

Unless you caught it on video, reports of training are he-said she-said and can be difficult to prove. However it’s very easy to prove that your name was inappropriate.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  9. Xhartor Augur

If you want get someone in trouble for training, set up shadow play so you can capture it. Upload the video to Youtube and petition it.

Also doing an @accendo in the offical discord with the petition number can help call attention to it.
  10. Elabone Augur

Reporting someone for training does absolutely nothing unless you have picture or video evidence. They are not going to spend hours combing thru logs to hopefully determine that yes, this man trained you. Its not worth it. Start recording gameplay and anytime someone trains you, whether accidental or not, whether you died or not, you can get them a nice little 3-7 day vacation.
  11. Triconix Augur

This is the equivalent of a burglar witnessing a murder, reporting it to the cops, and being shocked he was also arrested after the cops find out he was breaking into a private home when witnessing the murder.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well in that case they are likely to get off with a lighter (or no) sentence if they make a deal to help with the other crime.
  13. TheAgenda Augur

I’m not sure that a silly name in an elf simulator needs to be equated with burglary and murder…
  14. Moforyguy12345 Augur

Yeah it is more like a guy wearing a sexually offensive shirt out in public and him getting in trouble after calling the police to report an assault on his 2 friends.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I petitioned a monk for intentional training in Kurns. I had about 8 screenshots (showing different hallways, the individual, and the ball of mobs). After 4 days (perhaps investigation time), dude disappeared for at least 1 week.
  16. Muramx Augur

I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any named/PH respawns in my camp in WoS found out There was a bard that was going through the backside of my camp stealing the named when they would spawn, pulling a huge train then they would fade the trash off. I followed them to their camp and called out on it and of course "We didn't do it... we are innocent" right up until the point I told them I had a video clip of it. Then suddenly I started seeing named again.

I do remember the early days of EQ with Variant and even early SoE, a GM would pop in invis, watch for a little bit and talk to some people take action. Now people are scummy with each other because nothing happens.
  17. Gheed Is not reading your response

You record someone training you and report them with video.

They get suspended.

If they did not require video evidence people would be getting suspended in droves for no reason.

Just FYI stealing named is not cause for suspension, regardless of you having a video or not.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Muramx Augur

Pulling a named out and fading all the trash on a group is....
  19. Gheed Is not reading your response

"I followed them"

Sounds like you trained yourself. Pulling a named from a camp and using fade to split it is not training
    code-zero and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  20. Muramx Augur

They did it several times over 2 hours. Stop trying to justify people being scummy toxic players like you and go troll someone else....