Change PoFear back on Vaniki

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Garner, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Garner New Member

Change PoFear back to Velious era. The server is at the GoD expansion and PoFear should not be the classic version. This makes it impossible to do the berserker epic.
  2. BearBuddy New Member

Probably it's this way until 50 is unlocked or 60 is unlocked. What they SHOULD do is put in a temporary fix/mob change to pre-velious PoFear to facilitate this.

Knowing the devs though they'll simply force you to wait until it's normally achievable. Zerks aren't their highest priority, and they've spent years ignoring bottlenecks for many other epics sadly.

:)
  3. Garner New Member

It is not a bottleneck. It is now impossible to do the Berserker epic as the Enraged Imp/Ireblind Imp do not spawn. Originally when the server launched it was on the correct version of PoFear and you could do the epic. For some reason it was changed last week to an out of era version.
  4. niente Developer

Original CT (from Fear 1.0) was needed for the first Vaniki achievement where you beat him at level 40.
    There might be a couple solutions (I don't know how hard they are to implement, as it would be design work) - let the AoC give you the option of spawning Fear 1.0. Or add the Ireblind Imp to Fear 1.0.
  5. Garner New Member

Yeah, if you can add him to PoFear 1.0 I believe that would be the best solution. He con's indifferent so you don't have to worry about agro.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

If the AoC can give options for which revamp it spins up can we get Sleeper's Tomb 1.0 and 2.0 as choices regardless of the state of the Sleeper? :)
    Skuz, Stymie and Yinla like this.
  7. Garner New Member

NO.
  8. Kahna Augur

This change is going to negatively impact every TLP moving forward. No one gets to kill CT2.0 in Velious anymore? He was one of the better raid targets.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is something that they really need to do as it is silly that some people will never experience that content at all.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This will only happen on a level locked TLP.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I think it is viable for TLP's. Have the ST 1.0 option go away with PoP (I believe that is when the automatic ST1.0 => ST 2.0 conversion happens if no one wakes him)

That gives adequate time for everyone on a TLP to get in some ST time without holding the server hostage or causing drama etc..
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would disagree and it should be available for everyone otherwise you just incentivize people to farm for the tradeable items that have a higher collectors value on a TLP and server transfer to a live server to sell them at a high value. For FV this would include any item in the zone.

Personally I think they should just make it an option for anyone to chose either version of the zone as long as the sleeper has been woken on your server.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why not?
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

So the players who have items from the original version won't see those items drop in value? Seems like a silly reason to me.
    Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Does that not happen anyway? I'm pretty sure it happened on most TLP's until there was some form of threat or competition to wake the sleeper. With current TLP's, there isn't even a need to make sure all 4 dragons are killed. ST 1.0 can stay up (supposing no drama) until PoP anyways.

_IF_ they wanted to, they could provide a brief availability across all servers. This would absolutely crash the value of any ST item.. but everyone would have a chance. From that point on, all ST items would return to being fed to live from TLP's.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yes, the top guild farms as much ST1.0 loot as they want and then are "forced" to wake the sleeper. I'm not sure where the idea of the sleeper waking in PoP regardless comes from, I don't recall that from any TLP previously and was pretty sure Miragul had ST1.0 when it launched in HoT.
  17. Kahna Augur

Suuuuure it will. I will believe that when I see it.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Players are able to not wake the sleeper if they choose to yet I seem to recall plenty of threads on servers asking how soon it will be woken on each new TLP server. Personally I don't like the idea of this limited content that a small group can farm for valuable items and then deny the ability of others to do the same.

I think it should be brought back as an option so that more players have the ability to experience the content and drops without having to make alts on a TLP or pay high prices to have something transferred off a TLP (which can be done now for those who get to farm it before the zone changes)
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This change was made just for the level locked server so that they could get the achievements that require the original version of the zone and CT to complete.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Captain Video Augur

Devs have stated many times this can't be done. The script that gets triggered when the Sleeper wakes is badly broken. What a new server sees now isn't much like what happened in-era, since (among other things) Kerafyrm is no longer able to zone. Even if it could theoretically be done, it won't happen, because a major development effort for the sake of maybe a half-dozen players who care. You can try to argue that ST 1.0 loot should be made available as collector's items for currency later in the game, as the mechanism for that already exists.