I would quite enjoy a Kunark start, FV loot server next year

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kunfo, Jun 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kunfo Augur

Just putting that out there. Love ya, devs
  2. Risiko Augur

I'd rather have a NEW TLP experience.
  3. Kunfo Augur

Oh did they do one of those before? I've been playing TLP's since Ragefire don't think I've seen one
  4. Laronk Augur

I think Risiko means a new type of experience
    Risiko likes this.
  5. Kunfo Augur

Well when they've done "crazier" servers like Selo's or Vaniki it's been alongside more normal servers...I guess my suggestion is for the more 'normal' server they do next year.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Your suggestion isn't exactly normal.
  7. Kunfo Augur

Thank you! Hope you're having a great day today and enjoying life!
  8. Lumiens Augur

I loved the free trade aspect of Mischief but got super bored of all the way way too much extra randomized loot aspect of it. Just killed any sense of progression for me.
    Kunfo likes this.
  9. Risiko Augur

Bingo.!

EQ New TLP Experience:
    • Starts in original EverQuest
    • First expansion is a brand new expansion made in the style of EverQuest 1999
    • No existing EverQuest expansions ever unlock on the server (all content is new)
    • Keeps true to original EverQuest game mechanics (charm, mez, splitting, no summoning mobs, snare kiting, root dotting, etc)
  10. Kunfo Augur

Thanks for clarifying, I would actually also prefer to play that. I suppose my suggestion is assuming they were to do a next year's server only tweaking the ruleset instead of the content.

Also if they were going to do what you're suggesting, I'd probably prefer they keep up to kunark and velious and go from there, but that's just me.
    Risiko likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

That's not a TLP experience. That's just a new game with the original starting line.
    The literal definition of a TLP, per DPG:
    How does entirely new content allow players to enjoy each era/expansion as it was originally?
    Stymie and Yinla like this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But how else are the players who claim to hate the direction that EQ has gone going to be able to enjoy new content from the same dev team if they don't make original content for a TLP?
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

AKA EQ3
    Stymie likes this.
  14. Dre. Altoholic

WAY overdue.
  15. Nakoda Lorekeeper

why so you make and sell them KR faster got to pay that rent?
  16. Triconix Augur

Be careful for what you ask for. If using standard gaming models as foresight, EQ devs would be pressured heavily by management and EQ3 would end up looking more like Everquest Immortal, a predatory P2W monetarization nightmare of a game.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

An EQOA sequel with mobile/pc/console crossplay could be fun.

Especially if it paid for EQ3.
    Risiko likes this.
  18. Laronk Augur

Personally I do think it's a bit unlikely, but I do think a lot of people would buy it. They could maybe put a minimal amount work into scripts and such since the raids would just be tank n spank and any of the zones and art work could be reused in a modern expansion with the same quests and the same story just a higher level basepop and different rewards between tlp and the modern game.
  19. Lawyer Augur

I think you'll have more luck figuring out how to travel back in time to 1999 and cause the world-lines to diverge than you will in having this happen.

But I support it in spirit.
    Nolrog and Risiko like this.
  20. TheAgenda Augur

TSS start or bust!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.