ToL Raid: Oubliette - Overlapping Auras/Decals

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Mar 13, 2022.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

My raid org's first attempt at this on Tier 3 opening night went really, really well. This week, the white "safe spot" overlapped with yellow "bad" spots on a few occasions-- At least once where the white spot was >90% in the yellow.

Does the white safe spot guard against just the purple bad area or does it protect against the yellow while overlapped as well?
    Silu likes this.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

You can not go into the yellow. The white will not protect you from that.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

You also don't need to go directly on top of the white aura.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

That sucks. Had a couple bad lucks of the draw, then, last night. =\
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

Ya, this was posited. I don't think we figured out just how far out of the white is still sufficiently "in" the white.
  6. Lianeb Augur

The bad aura is a doughnut. The center is outlined by a white aura, but white is not the only safe spot and the safe area gets bigger each wave of 3 or 4 for the aura.

Basically purple = bad, you can either be in the center of the donut or the outside but it does get bigger each round. Ie....stay out of purple
    Syylke_EMarr and Sancus like this.
  7. Sancus Augur

Only the outside ring of the purple is actually bad; you can go a decent bit into the inside of the purple without getting stunned. A good example is here (timestamp 15:30 - 16:00 or so):

Syylke_EMarr, minimind and Astral64 like this.
  8. Dalrek_MM Elder

Avoiding the yellow grasp auras kinda suck when boss is doing knockback/shadowstep you into them after you ran away from it :-(
    Yinla likes this.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

How do you guys get the game to actually draw more than 1 aura correctly? I can't get any useful information out of the flickering mess on the floor.:(

My solution so far has been to find a big guy, and hug him 100% of the time...
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

The white safe spot extends about 2x the size of the white color.
    minimind likes this.