Monthly cost should discount the senior.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jun 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iven Antonius Bayle

Nothing could be more wrong. It was pay to win right from the start because without paying it was not possible to create an account and to kill any mob which does mean to win.
    • Now there is AllAccess which does grant a big power boost and other benefits = PTW.
    • Marketplace items which do grant more power like rank II spells or AA unlocker packages = PTW.
    • Experience pots from the marketplace = PTW.
    • Krono = PTW.
    • Perks = PTW.
    Everything that can be bought for "real" cash and which does make the PC more powerfull or does grant them more ingame currencies or more experience is PTW. The whole game concept always was PTW. Players are also paying with their gaming time to win and of course with their general life time and energy/health which they use to receive "real" cash which they do spend for EQ and being able to play EQ at all: Computers, electricity, food and drink, property or rent, etc.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Subscriptions are not pay to win.
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

Lol, you should see my Wurm collection :p
    Marton and Jumbur like this.
  4. The real Sandaormo Augur

This game is not Pay to Win, its Pay to Play the full version. The free version lets you see the game a little so you can decide if you like it and choose whether its worth paying for.

You could say its "Pay to Win over the Free to Play players" I could agree to that.
    Khat_Nip, Skuz, Hobitses and 3 others like this.
  5. Duder Augur

Excuse me? Are you trying to say that my time has no value? How about my effort? Please, Dr. Phil, tell me how else I am not a customer. How about the money paid by the initial purchaser? Their time worthless too? The money paid maybe just funny money? Monopoly(tm) money? You will literally say ANYTHING to incite outlandish non-sensical arguments in threads everywhere on these boards.

I pay a monthly subscription in a legitimate manner that is the most expensive route available. Is krono not a valid way to pay for the game? What are your thoughts about someone making a purchase from any other company with a pre-paid visa card they were paid with for services rendered?

But anyhow here you are, for the record, I am a customer of the game in these various manners: I buy expansions including F&F, collectors, and standard editions, I buy heroics, I buy bags, I buy mounts, I buy potions. Oh, and I also pay my monthly subscription with krono. Your posts get more and more "out there" every month. But tell me more about how my opinions aren't valid because I choose to earn and use krono to pay my monthly subscription.

If those things don't make me a customer with a valid opinion then I'm not sure what would. I really don't understand why EQR discord has your role as a "Respected EQ Community Member" when you antagonize folks in nearly every thread. You rarely show respect for players in your posts, and through my experiences in life I have found it to be rather uncommon to meet or observe people that respect people that do not respect them. As an avid fan of EQR and the work they do I'd like to say I'm sorry to say this, however, I am not because my morals will always question the integrity of any organization who categorizes someone as disrespectful as you as a "Respected Community Member".
    Stymie, Dre., kizant and 2 others like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Your time is not a cost associated with EQ and it is your choice on how to spend it. The point is that $14.99 is the most expensive way to directly pay for a subscription (unless for some reason you want to directly buy the more expensive krono and use that for a subscription). If you are worried about the costs associated with EQ there are easy ways to make it cheaper. First is paying for a year at a time and lowering the cost to $9.99 a month. Second is finding ways to purchase krono in game which would make it free with just the time spent playing the game. Third is going free to play and not worrying about costs. Finally you can join the guide program as they provide subscriptions to active guides (at least they used to).

There are plenty of ways for you to play EQ for under $14.99 a month if you chose to take advantage of them.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. The real Sandaormo Augur

I will give out the secret code to all the free to play people. The game is free, all you have to do is farm plat, you need about 3 million a month to buy a Krono ( price on Luclin, your mileage may vary ). Wanna box? Times that plat by the number of accounts you want to play.

I will take thank you's in the form of likes.
    Hobitses and Nennius like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Some things should be kept private.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

So the way the guide program works is that you still get a guide account you can facilitate guide events with, but you're supposed to host events off your home/main server. But you're not supposed to play on your personal account's server, so it's not like you're getting free play time with your server buddies.

Once you make full game guide you can still potentially receive free time but last I heard they stopped offering that perk in 2015 with the transition to AllAccess. I haven't interacted with any current/former guides for a couple years so I can't confirm/check if that's changed back, it might've because the FAQ still contradicts the 2015 statement Durew shared, because the FAQ still states they "may" grant you free time.

(see Durew's post near the bottom, explains exempt/free time not provided anymore)
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/exempt-account-change.219891/

(see guide FAQ, states you "may" receive free time on your play account)
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/guide/index.php?forums/guide-program-faq-and-application.3/

Honestly though Waring McMarrin, I agree the guide program is solid advice for someone that's passionate about the game but for whatever reason can't stay involved the way they used to.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying about the guide program and the way the free time works. When I was a member of the guide program I was assigned to a server that wasn't one I played on and I ran events on that server (minimum one a week). In return for running those events I was granted a subscription on an account of my choice and I could play on that account for free as much as I I wanted. If you have just a single account what that would mean is you no longer had to worry about subscribing to the game.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

YouTube is ad supported. The sub removes the ads. Lots of forums offer subs to remove ads from displaying. There are articles about how companies earn their revenue with data mining, and each customer earns them about $4, but instead of paying $4, people would rather have it "free" and all their info shared. Most of this stuff isn't actually free. People just don't understand how they "pay" for services like FaceBook.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

I run adblockers on my PC, which has made me all but allergic to ads. The more I started listening to podcasts on my phone and watching YT on my smart TV, my intolerance for commercials exceeded the monthly cost of a Premium sub.

Don't really regret it. I also noticed Chrome runs better with some of the YT adblockers running.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  13. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Pretty much. The general rule of thumb for internet-related products is this. If it's free, then YOU'RE the product.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Dre. and Nennius like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Lots of us have, I think, just grown to accept the reality that there is no real anonymity on the web. We know we are being tracked and the data sold to third parties that we may well have never heard of. And so, when I read stories about moves to increase privacy and protect our data from being sold without our consent I generally take all of it with a giant grain of salt. Sad to say, I just sort of assume I am being lied to. That’s the pessimist in me leaping out. So, a question for those in the E.U.

I live in the U.S. and so I am not as familiar with matters in the E.U. as I perhaps ought to be. With that mind, how effective have the regulations of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other actions to control personal information flow really been? I read stories that lead me to believe that these sorts of things have had a positive effect on privacy. But I wonder about just how effective they really have been. What I am getting at in the end is whether or not some similar restrictions might be coming here in the U.S. And if I should cheer that, or just yawn and go on.
  15. Elyssanda Bardbrain

just no. It's a game that allows you a FTP option.. that is the discount, if you want it.
  16. Leerah Augur

I'm 66, disabled but married to a man who saved and invested. Since I got on Medicare, I'm saving about $400/month in insurance premiums. I wasn't subscribing because I was holding grudges against some stuff DBG has done to us. Then, I found out my hubby is paying $400/mo. in hangar rentals. So I bought Gold for 4 accounts, a tenth of what he's spending.

I'd rather the young families who have to pay as much as they earn in daycare have the Gold accounts. I guarantee they need the money more than I do. And raising kids is the most important job in the world.
    Elyssanda, Vumad, Dre. and 1 other person like this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

I was going on vacation to a place with 0 internet. I payed to download a bunch of stuff to watch while I was there just in case.
    Enjoyed it ad free for a month due to the above, and decided you know what, it's worth it.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

IF something is free YOU are the commodity.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Nennius like this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Kind of gives the website playerauctions a whole new meaning. Step right up and check out our stock. Boxers to the right, fence posts to the left.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Can we just close this thread and move on with life. Well, whatever life us Seniors have left.:eek:

I mean some of these threads are getting so long nowdays that it makes one wonder if they are watching at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.