Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hythos, Jun 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Have you tried to pvp the bots?
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Source? Clearly you don't have one. I'd say 90% quit when the nostalgia wears off.
    Lanffear likes this.
  3. Magician9001 Augur

I think it's reasonable to estimate the avg EQ players spend 200$ dollars a year between Subs, xp pots, mounts, bags ect. That means for ever 100 players DBG losses to something like this they're losing 20k in revenue. TLPs often have 5 digit number of players at launch. Even if they only lose 1k players less then 10% cause of this stuff that's already 200k. These people have cost DBG and EG7 Millions of dollars in lost revenue.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

TLP have a max limit of around 5k before queue, neither of the new TLPs had a queue after the first day and Vaniki is much quieter than Yelinak so 10k+ players is a huge huge stretch, likely closer to half that. The other half of the math you're missing is the money spent / krono consumed by the boxers. Every 6 boxer on a TLP is 6 paid subs, you likely won't believe this but alot of them have bags and other store goodies as well, even if its just to hold more loot to RMT :)rolleyes:) they are still $$$ for DBG.

People also quit for a variety of reasons, nostalgia runs out, they fall behind, another game comes out, RL takes them away for 1 reason or another. This is why DBG releases TLP yearly, it draws them in, they get their $200 in bags and pots and then as they fall away they release a new one to get em back.

Have the boxers cause some solo purists to quit? Likely. To the order of millions of dollars? Ha!
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

If DBG loses 100 players for any reason it costs them $20k in revenue (your numbers). Boxing has nothing to do with it.

Only if your premise is valid, which it is not.
  6. Magician9001 Augur

That's concurrent players online. Talking about the total numbers of people subbed. If you have 5k concurrent players at launch the server is gonna have more like 20k+ people subbed. Saying 10k isn't a huge stretch it's likely much higher. DBG just losses like 50+% of people in the first few weeks. It's not a stretch to say the toxic behavior many RMTers exhibit is a large contributing factor too this.

They don't get them back though. Many of people do a quick check see, "oh DBG still isn't doing anything about X aspect of the game ill pass on this TLP"

Bunch of others sub for 1 month and then leave.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Saying a server has 20k+ people subscribed because 5k people are online is a bit of a stretch.
  8. Magician9001 Augur

If a server is avg 5k players and the avg player on that server plays 4 hours a day that server has 30k subbed people. Many TLPs have had queues 24/7 for a week. It's not a stretch at all for servers to have that many players at launch. It just feels like a stretch cause most of them don't bother to reup a second month after they see what EQ is like nowdays. It's crazy to think how low these numbers are with how big retro gaming has become.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't have to be true, you can't be making guesses on how many people are playing that server based on guesses of population levels and how long each player is playing.
  10. Captain Video Augur

Wrong on all counts. First off, no server hits 5K simultaneous logins, not even on launch week. The queueing system kicks in as soon as there are 4K logged in. There was no queueing at all for either of the latest servers after the first few hours (when there is always a character creation bottleneck). Second, 5K logged in would = maybe 2.5K subs, i.e. half, since the other half also plays on Live and already has a sub. DPG doesn't publish the server player numbers, so everything you're citing is just wild guesses.
  11. Magician9001 Augur

I'm not the one that said it kicked in at 5k. I've also seen more the 4k in public chat channels. So i think you're full of it.

Mischief had queues 20 hours a day for like 2 weeks. Thornblade had queues 20 hours a day for about half a week. It's why i ended up playing on TB.

This is just complete and total nonsense. No way are 50% of TLPs also live players.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are still making guesses as to how many players are actually on the server, how long they play for on average (along with how many manage to stay on and afk regardless of afk kick) and how many total people are only playing on this server.
  13. Magician9001 Augur

Estimates not guesses.

Last time EQ released sub numbers it was 66k active subscribed users a few months after Aradune was released. Daybreak has stated in the past that about half it's revenue comes from tlps.

It's not unreasonable to think 20k players are on popular new TLP, it's a low ball estimate.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are guesses as you lack most of the data to determine that. You don't know if a player on the server plays only on that server, plays on other servers or is just messing around and doesn't really play on it.
  15. Ballamur New Member

Everything, and I mean everything revolves around one thing....$$$$$$$
  16. AngryKing Elder

Lol...no they did not. The queue was gone by day 2 and even at it's worst it was like a 1hr wait. It's crazy how wrong you are on so much stuff.

I'd hope for your sake that you are a troll, but my gut says you just aren't very bright/uniformed. They've rolled out like 6 suspension waves since Dec 2021, but they don't go straight to banning and instead use a 3 strike process. Their methods are also not very consistent, as they seem to give users warning shots at random subsets of the botter's accounts, so a bot army getting fully banned ends up taking a considerable amount of time(so much that chances are they'll quit before they actually hit ban status). DBG is basically saying we don't like what they are doing, but we'll string this charade along to continue getting their money. It sucks that their enforcement is pretty limped wrist, but it is what it is and probably always will be regardless of how many angry, fake-number filled posts you make.
  17. Triconix Augur

You think 33% of the population was concentrated on a single TLP server when almost every single live server sits at medium-high population 24/7? And at the time of Aradune's launch Mangler was still maintaining medium-high population counts? How about Rizlona?

How are you a functioning adult in society where you can just blatantly make up "facts," believe them so much to regurgitate them, and expect others to believe it as well?

BTW revenue =/= population. Live can (and does) have a higher population but can account for less revenue per account/sub/person.
  18. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.