Just to be clear, 24/7 fully unattended gameplay *IS* OK?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hythos, Jun 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeskola pheerie

Make sure to go to Win+G > Settings and enable "record in the background while i am playing a game". It will record and overwrite every 30 seconds for the "capture last 30 seconds" feature. [IMG]
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Magician9001 Augur

All boxers are cheaters. Boxing is cheating. What you mean good thing most people are following DBGs rules and no i don't think that's true.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Boxing is following the rules which is cheating. Way to contradict yourself.
    Lanffear, Appren and Gnothappening like this.
  4. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Do you smell burnt toast?
    Gnothappening likes this.
  5. Magician9001 Augur

verb
    gerund or present participle: cheating
    act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.
    "she always cheats at card"
    Playing multiple toons gives people an unfair advantage within the game. It's cheating.
  6. Laronk Augur

Manual enforcement is pretty hard for people who don't actively play the game. Heck some people who do play the game think they can tell the difference when they'd just be jacking up legit players all the time.

To us some of the cheating is so blatant and obvious like casters all standing and casting at the same time (on true box where broadcasting keystrokes isn't permitted) all the way upto multiple melee circle strafing a mob independently of eachother (obvious use of miraclewhip).

How I think it works right now is when players report someone a gm pops by and says in say "hi something something gm woebot" and if the person is able to reply that's often good enough for the gm.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

/thread
  8. Laronk Augur

But the whole idea of having a true box server is that the company is aware that people box, they didn't try to go all P99 on us and make it 1 account per user they chose truebox. Considering everquest can run on a computer that can be bought used for under 100$... people are going to box.

And you can actually 6 box without using any third party programs, specially a caster centric group.
    Lanffear likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

It would be unfair if you weren't allowed to also box yourself. You are free to roll a 2nd toon or 3 or 6.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

This idea is incredibly bad. People who cheat don't need follow.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

First off you already proved you couldn't pick out a cheater. Second off, each person boxing 6 is worth 6 subs. If they were to somehow cause 4 people to quit, DPG would still profit.
    Laronk and Lanffear like this.
  12. Appren Gnomercy

I must admit, forum Karens like Magician9001 are quite cute, in their own way. If only we could tap their rage somehow, we'd probably solve the upcoming energy crisis and stop global warming.
  13. Panikker Elder

True box is not really a one account per IP....so yea even true box server have people running around with mage armies killing everything on zones at the moment.
  14. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

P99 cultists ruin everything
  15. Wordor Journeyman

every pick of live guk king camp on yelinak has botters sitting in the exact same spot tonight, automated, using far taunt on monk.....pretty ridiculous. i may find one or two. but damn literally every single pick tonight? i was pretty suprised and disappointed its so rampant.

How does a monk taunt anyways? and a alot of them where doing this too. The blatant use of hacking and automated game play, and the blatant dont give a attitude from the devs ruins the atmosphere of everything. Kinda feels like joining an xbox lobby where people are hacking and modding, feels shallow.
    Magician9001 likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How do you know the monk is using far taunt?
  17. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

If you saw the way I play when I box you would no longer be able to claim boxing gives people an unfair advantage.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can point to players that do worse when boxing just as you can point to players that do better when boxing. The results are not the same for all players.
  19. Magician9001 Augur

These players cause 90% of the players to quit. They make profit by selling krono on 3rd party sites instead of players buying them from DBG. These players probably cost DBG a million dollars worth of revenue loss per TLP.

No Cleric wants to pay real life money to some AFK SKs that stole Lord Bergurgle from them.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Perhaps you meant to write 90% of people who quit do so because of the super boxers instead of they cause 90% of players to quit. You'd still be wrong, but it would be more plausible numbers wise.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.