No level loss Perk needs tweaking

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Jun 1, 2022.

1. Runes Augur

As a Ranger that has played classic to PoP on the last 5 TLPs I can tell you I love the new perk because I can take my unlimited Dts and not lose my level. As an EQ player however I have now lost any fear of DTs and it just trivialized all of the bosses that used to be challenging that used that DT mechanic. Now your raid can just throw a constant zerg of deaths with zero% rezzes until the boss is dead.

Pretty much anything that makes the Devs more money when it comes to EQ is good by me as it means better chance of doors staying open and we play this old game longer but I think smarter minds than me need to offer some suggestions on tweaking this so it does not negate encounters that used to mean something.

I was wondering if there could be a debuff added from teh DT that makes teh boss more likely to ignore and move to a different target so the same DTd people cannot be over recycled.

Anything that keeps the perk but negates its abuse that is going on now would be good that balances it without removing it as a benefit or gutting it so the perk itself is meaningless.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The abuse of not losing your level when you die? From the way you are ranting it seems you are not aware that mechanics that kill a single person, groups of people or the entire raid when messed up are not that uncommon. People don't fear dying they just grind up the xp and keep on raiding.
  3. Kahna Augur

Meh. This is only kinda sorta an issue in classic, once clerics get their epics no one cares about DTs anyway. You lose a pittance of exp.
  4. code-zero Augur

So you want the DT to more or less land randomly in the raid?

You do realize that using rangers to eat the DT is an exploit in itself?
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Having players take a DT by utilizing known mechanics is an exploit? If they wanted to remove control of who takes it they could have easily achieved that. In no way could having rangers (or any class) take that DT be considered an exploit.
  6. code-zero Augur

It's sort of like the way feign death was used for pulling. The developers didn't intend for that utility. My question is why the OP wants to have the DT land on random people. He's gonna die regardless and have to be brought back and if that is his job in raid why worry about dropping a level during a fight anyway as he's just going to get DT again?
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Even if that was true that wouldn't make it an exploit and I don't think there is much to compare between using feign death to control pulling and who gets hit with a death touch. I don't think there was ever much thought put into controlling the player that gets hit with it.
  8. Runes Augur

Ranting?? you like to be over dramatic dont you and exaggerate. I think my post was pretty chill actually
    Stymie likes this.
  9. Runes Augur

I pretty much said exactly that smarter people than me should make a tweak suggestion, I only threw out that debuff as a spitball. The perk makes any DT trivial now
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Calling for a paid perk to be changed because you feel that it removes the sense of danger from dying to a death touch on raids? Calling for some of the oldest raids in the game to be changed because players no longer have to worry about losing a level when taking a death touch? I don't see this as anything but a rant over a mechanic you don't seem to like and honestly it isn't that hard to farm enough experience between raids to keep yourself from losing levels to a death touch mechanic.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That death touch mechanic has always been trivial and not something people really cared about, the perk doesn't change that and I would be surprised if anyone lost their level due to being asked to take death touches.
  12. Zrender Augur

IT needs tweaking but it has nothing to do with DT. It allows exploiting bosses without any loss of xp or any risk whatsoever. It completely trivializes content and is fully pay to win in that scenario. 86 level 40s killed AoW with it. Nuff' said.
    rangerous likes this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Perks are dumb. I'm not a doomsdayer, but it definitely felt like a desperate move to include perks.
    Moege and rangerous like this.
  14. Runes Augur

It doesnt remove the sense of danger it removes the danger almost completely because there is no penalty anymore for dying. Dont tellme when a raid of 60 level 40s can take out AoW and other high end bosses because you can now just battle rez zero and or use zone to get right back in over and over is balanced.

The perk is like 6 months old its not some old benefit. And ya they changed teh way raids worked with mage pets and dots so dont get stuck on "oldest raid" mechanics because they are changed all the time
  15. Zrender Augur

Yeah, I get that they want to make some extra bucks but this perk needs revisiting. One idea I had was if this perk prevents a level loss you get an option to use the perk and 5 min wait for rez or don't use it and lose level.
    Runes likes this.
  16. Hamshire Augur

No idea who thought this perk was a good idea, not only does it allow like this.
    [IMG]
    It also completely removes the need to exp outside of raids. In classic, kunark, ect you die a lot on raids ( even more so if your a tank ) and part of the journy which gives you something to do outside of raids is to go exp so you don't delevel from deaths. Now there is no reason to do that anymore, you reach max level then don't exp again until the week of the next expansion.
    rangerous and Runes like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What sense of danger? If someone is worried about losing their level it isn't hard at all to just max out xp into your level before you raid. Unless you are chain dying and not getting a rez there is no danger of losing your level. As for a group of level 40's killing the avatar of war who really cares? In the end they still needed the ability to kill the mob and the fact that they had to chain rez isn't that important. And besides your rant started about death touches not what other mobs could be done by lower level players, don't forget this server has some special rules that allow things to happen on this server that normally can't happen.

Please stop asking for things to be nerfed just because you don't like something.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

? You are talking about killing a mob with low level players on a server that has special rules designed to allow low level players to kill higher level raid mobs? Sure they died a lot and ended up winning but I fail to see exactly why that is a problem.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why are people so upset with people being able to not lose their level when they take a combat death?
  20. Runes Augur

Because it was a good idea in theory but whoever created it was only looking at the bottom line bucks, which is ok as the more money Devs make with this game the better for all of us, but when a feature that gets introduced that takes the game from an already easy mode to no worry or care mode because there is no downside to dying, it trivializes the content and removes any challenges at least for the next 5 to 6 expansions.

If you never suffer any setback now from dying and can beat content at 50% of the level and power that it was meant to be, then there is something wrong. By your logic we should bring back Mage Pet walling, remove MotM from every boss and reverse charm pets and all of the other game mechanics that were nerfed or tweaked in the last ten years because honestly, why should the game pose any difficulties whatsoever?