PL Spam & Roadmap Anti-Cheat

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ConcernedCitizen, May 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

How do you know he has 100+ accounts?

Bans will lead to a war of attrition. At some point, he will lose money by repurchasing Terror of Luclin expansion. He will find the losses hard to overcome or justify and stop RMT.

Daybreak would make extra money from the expansion purchases. LOL.
  2. Takadin New Member

I want a fair and consistent enforcement of rules. My last suspension was because I crashed and accidentally reloaded with "cheatcode program" on an account I didn't intend on using that software with. I was loaded 30 seconds tops and I got suspended for 2 weeks.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Easy solution:

Uninstall the cheat software or,

Play EverQuest on a clean computer.
    Svann2 and Wdor like this.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Just make sure you put that in your appeal. Support will be very understanding you meant to cheat with a different account.
  5. Takadin New Member

Never once did I say I was innocent. Again I just want enforcement/punishments to be fair.

I accept the risk on some accounts but not all of them.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Uhh, you should go talk to 3rd party distributed and have them explain how program usage affects all your accounts.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

I'd prefer we talk with JChan and figure out why (dude who's name I cannot mention because forum admins protect his privacy and issue one-week forum suspensions) is allowed freebie passes to keep hundred-box botting on unattended automated-like fashion but the little guys with 1-6 accounts get reoccurring vacations.
    Nennius and Schadenfreude like this.
  8. Takadin New Member

It's irrelevant at this point. I don't use unauthorized programs currently.
  9. kookoo Augur

that player ( group of players ) they seem to rotate one player to spam these pwling services .
    i know they were killing 24/7 for 2 years + with 5 groups or so , but i didn't check since several months.

they seem to have one person always * on * and the rest pretty much auto killing stuff .
    they are ( were ) killing with at least 5 groups non stop 24/7
    i don't know where they are killing stuff now , but they were in keal ( TOV ) at same spot for many months .
    no one should be playing non stop 24/7 for years..........
    and i am pretty sure they get their ** key class ** all access using the massive kronos they can get in game ,
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Takadin New Member

You don’t need all access to tank t1 tol. FTP gear and max AA is enough. They brute force it making it easier too.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. ConcernedCitizen New Member

25 in Sleepers Tomb on FV alone. Advertising RoS, CoV, and ToL. Lets say 15 in RoS, 25 in Sleepers, and 25 in ToL.

They're on at least 5 servers (FV, Bristlebane, EMarr, Bert, Xeg).

Do the math.
    Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

(in response to "how do they get 350 AA/hour)

This really doesn't have anything to do with the thread, but I wonder about your response, because it doesn't really answer the question. Even if they have 5 groups killing, the PLee can only be in one group, so I still don't see how they can do 350AA/hour.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

There is also an elaborate 1-85 scheme with multiple VMs set up that a singular person will log into and invite the paying customer to the group with. These characters are set up 24/7 and killing in a few specific spots around the game so that they can move the customer(s) around for exp at various level ranges. The only manual work they do is the shuffling of the customer characters, porting to pre-setup bind spots. The killing is 100% automated with a tank and 1 DPS, with outside healing and outside DPS to help.

But none of this is against the TOS, and is fully in-line with JChan's anti-cheat roadmap, otherwise the whole chain would have been handled appropriately years ago, or months ago ... right?
    Hobitses and Schadenfreude like this.
  14. ConcernedCitizen New Member

If it's rotating someone to spam these PLs, it's pretty amazing its every 35 minutes on the dot, almost to the exact second, across multiple people. And if it *is* rotating people, isn't that account sharing and a bannable offense?

But, lets think about this realistically.

What's more likely:

1) This person has multiple people rotating on and off, clicking a spam hotkey every 35 minutes to the second, manually boxing 100 (200?) accounts 24/7 across multiple servers

OR

2) All this is automated and they get a free pass because of.. ??? .. reason
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

Let's have the community help furnish a list of reasons why free passes to hundred-bot boxers is permitted. I'll start: It's actually a CS person running the show.
  16. Barton The Mischievous

At some point you have to begin to wonder if someone on the inside is not at least protecting some of these blatant groups
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Wobat New Member

Don't forget the 4-5 groups he has going 24/7 in the Grounds. I'm not sure if they do PL there but they keep almost half of the zone clear. Maybe for the vendor trash drops I don't know.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I suspect this thread was originally a ploy to justify automation. Either, it is "too hard to enforce the rules" or "rules are being enforced unfairly" so do away with the rules and allow cheating.

The obvious solution was to impose permanent bans.

To duck the advocacy of permanent bans, it went into full-blown conspiracy theory mode ("inside job"). For all we know, they are different individuals or a group of individuals. It's more likely that they are third-world RMTers in India or Nigeria instead of someone "paying off" Daybreak. Lol.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

At some point that may happen. DBG is trying to re-impose their rules after the unofficial detente with Holly ended some time after she left.

My plan if I were them would be continuing random suspensions for a while because they want to hit cheating but not mess up their bottom line as much. Get those who dont use a program a lot to stop using it but keep playing. They probably want to give players a chance to adapt simply so they don't lose more players.

Plus they have to show they are enforcing their rules for a bit..... going from looking the other way to bans would probably not have gone over well and legal action probably could have been taken. Right now DBG is proving that they enforce their rules and are able to show a historic pattern of enforcing them so that if they do ban a bunch of folks it won't come back on them.

That's my guess though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.