What Constitutes as Poor Customer Service, Relations and Incompetence??

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Altreality, May 31, 2022.

1. Altreality New Member

I happened to actually read general chat the other night, and there was talk of certain DBG employees who are regular contributors and trolls(DBG employees who have seemingly general disdain for the player base). I mentioned just one of the names I have a log of, and general chat erupted with acknowledgement of this individual.

In my state of frustration with in game issues, now just mainly eradicate magic not working in zone that have not been restarted, I decided we the players need to communicate to DBG and the alleged Community Resource Council, what WE think Constitutes as complete Incompetence & Poor Customer Service and Relations.

Please be as concise as possible, I'll start, with the hopes that DBG recognizes the player base and gives us a customer service week of double XP for past issues to repair customer relations.

* DBG poor responsiveness to the player base on in game issues.
    Example - Eradicate Magic not working after May 18th patch. May 19th a fix is in place:
    * This will only take effect in zones that have been started after the hotfix (all new instances).

How can you possibly think this is an acceptable fix and effective communication? What does this mean, why is it only for instanced zones, and when will it be available throughout the game, instanced or not? What if I rarely play in instanced zones?
    Why do I have to wait an entire month for the hotfix to be applied to all zones? Can you waive my monthly subscription fee, or cut it in half until it is fixed?

Never mind, I cancelled all 6 accounts until it is fixed.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Your concept of the game is very focused on you, while ignoring every other player. Keep in mind there are thousands of players and almost every one has some bug or issue they would like to see fixed. And at least 50% of them have bombarded the devs and cs with whining and threats about getting them fixed.

It is of no interest to some players that eradicate magic is not working as they have other issues they would like to see fixed. IE: Krono purchases not being completed in a timely manner, 2 step verification messing up log ins, Overseer bugs, music settings not doing anything, HF armor not showing correctly, and many many more.

It would possibly help your outlook if you went thru the Resolved Bug forum and just take a look at what they have fixed
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/resolved.288/

I am not happy a few of my bugs have been confirmed but are not even on the fix schedule. Be happy you got what you did. I would like my monthly membership fee waived for a bug I feel strongly about that has been going on far longer than eradicate magic. I don't care about getting a "customer service week" of double XP

It means nothing to cancel 1 or 6 or 20 accounts. They will fix what they can, as soon as they can. Instant gratification is not related to anything in Everquest.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

1. You have a problem with Eradicate Magic.

2. The first two paragraphs are largely unrelated to the issue.

3. You acknowledge that there is a hot fix.

Suspected problem: The hot fix is not covering your (instanced) zones and/or server.

Possible (unemotional) solution: Post in Bug Reports to expand the parameters of the hot fix.

Edit: It looks like you didn't articulate clearly in Bug Reports, either.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ll-not-working-5-23-2022.283162/#post-4141260

You need to ask a GM (petition) to reset your zone which they do from time to time.
    code-zero likes this.
  4. TheAgenda Augur

Posts like this make it feel like Christmas
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

The customer that never actually quits but habitually posts that he is going to.
    Wdor, Lucentio, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I have never seen (Beside GM's or Guides, EQ related people in general chat).
    Who were they?
    I might be confused.

He is not going to look after YOU.

Only thing I seen good here sofar.
    "which they do from time to time." which would be GOOD customer service :)

OP in regards to your post, I agree some things take too long to fix.
    Example, elevator in Mistmore to Bloodfalls.. that was days to fix.. and it has to do with everyone that can zone into Bloodfalls.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Now I am very depressed for you. Goes to open his one and only gift and...some assembly required.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Worse is the kid who opens up their gift and sees "Batteries not included" and there are no batteries in the house. At least some assembly required you can play in a couple hours. No batteries? Have to wait until tomorrow when stores open back up.
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Wow! You got toys that used electricity? You must be from the nicer part of Norrath.
    Marton and Flatchy like this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This thread just went gold.
  12. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Did anyone get a ForumQuest bingo?
    Leerah and Hobitses like this.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I've stopped counting at this point.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

I'm going for blackout.
    Hobitses likes this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

Well yeah. High elves have always been privileged to the finer things in life. As opposed to the scum of Norrath (Iksars, gnomes, drakkin primarily).
  16. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Strange way to spell "barbarian" but /shrug
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Arkanny Augur

wait, there's ppl that actually use eradicate magic?
    Leerah and Laronk like this.
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the CRC is made of PLAYERS.. not anyone paid by DPG. it has nothing to do with anything raised by you, and they still have yet to announce that the final decisions on new members has been made.
  19. Tucoh Augur

Wait, so a spell was broken and hotfixed a day later and because they chose to not interrupt thousands of active players by restarting the entire game so that all zones (which are all instances, btw) have the fix, you think:
    • They are incompetent
    • You should have your XP doubled for a week
    • You should waive your customer fee
    [IMG]
  20. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Lack of pvp tlp