Cannot Reproduce Vanishing Overseer Quests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by etv2k, Apr 29, 2022.

1. etv2k New Member

Overseer tasks seem to be vanishing at a very high rate since I believe the hotfix patch this week (maybe longer). The tasks do end up showing back up as completed later on though. I don't keep track of the agents, so I have no idea if they are being returned as usable during this time or if they are lost in the matrix until the quest returns. If they are being returned, you would think it would throw a wrench in the works have an elite in more than one mission or even possibly incapacitated twice at the same time.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I just came to the bug forum to post this, but will just piggyback onto this one.

Started in the last week, LOTS of missing quests. I notice missing quests on 2-3 of my 6 accounts every time I log into Overseer (once a day, twice a day on weekends).

There was a patch several months ago with a "speculative fix" to address the disappearing quests, and truthfully, things had been MUCH better since then. And now, it seems to have started up again.

And I agree, they do seem to eventually show up. I even had two show up on one account (7 of 5 quests completed at that time ;) )
  3. Metanis Bad Company

My report is for reappearing quests that have already been finished.

I did Overseer on multiple characters early Sunday morning. A whole variety of 6, 12, and 24 hour quests.

Logged back in for raid later Sunday afternoon and took the rewards for the 6 hour versions that had finished and replaced those quests.

Logged back in after raids and most characters had 7 completed or pending quests. One had 8! Interestingly enough, one of the completed quests was a common conversion I had cleared earlier in the day.

It's as if the server rolled back quests I had already completed earlier. We had no known issues with time of day, servers, or login issues during the day. I also didn't check to see if the rewards were rolled back (currency!) because I don't keep track of the running total that closely.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've never tracked regular missions enough to know if I've seen it, but I have seen it a ton with conversion quests. At least once a week between the six accounts, and that's going back at least a year. No idea if there's a rollback and I'm just getting the reward once, or if it actually results in a second reward.
  6. Mezacor New Member

This happened to me as well just now.

I logged in to one toon and started 4 new overseer tasks (with one current task still active). Camped to Character Select and logged in to a different character on the same account. I noticed that one of the overseer tasks I had picked was now missing. This was about 2 minutes after selecting the task. So it disappeared almost immediately - probably when I switched toons.

[Mon May 02 11:49:37 2022] You have started the Overseer quest Heed the Call to Arms with the following agent(s): General Jyleel, Sister Donna, Orc Scoutmaster, Sneering Gargoyle, Unrest Noble.

I logged back into the first character just to see if swapping toons made any difference. But it was missing on the original toon as well. I was then able to start another overseer task

[Mon May 02 11:56:35 2022] You have started the Overseer quest Can I Pet the Puppy? with the following agent(s): Founy Jestands, Dwigus Lowater, Undead Knight, Eldritch Wanderer, Wasp Worker.

I guess we will see if the missing overseer task ever shows up as completed at some point. I suspect it will.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

Can anyone affected please PM me and provide your Character name, Server name, the name of lost quest(s), and when you started these quest(s)? Thanks!
  8. Nilwean Elder

This is still happening after the patch today.
  9. cadres Augur

Happened to me today; PM sent
  10. Barton The Mischievous

Multiple times today
  11. Accendo Guest

The investigation and work being done on this issue is ongoing. We appreciate your patience.
    Barton and Elyssanda like this.
  12. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening for anyone?
  13. Raytan Augur

This was happening to me regularly, but I don't think the last month or two, not sure if you did anything in the patches. Actually, it seems to have been several weeks where all my agents would poof from a mission, which I would normally lose, but sometimes win.
    I have gotten an extra quest two or three times, not sure if that's related. I used to get them really regular when I was losing quests and assumed they were quests from days or weeks before that I had lost. I haven't lost one in long enough that those few seemed out of place.
    Sorry if this doesn't help.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

You're asking as if this is something we can plan for or predict. It's random. My accounts might go a couple of weeks, maybe even a couple of months before it starts happening again.

Truthfully, I've stopped keeping track of it because nothing you do seems to fix it on a permanent basis. I've resigned myself to the fact that you can't fix it and it's just something we all have to live with.
  15. Soulbanshee Augur

I haven't really been paying attention, I don't think I've logged in to 4 tasks when I started 5, but this month I have logged out with 5 running, and logged back in with 6 though I'm not sure that the 6th is even one I had started at any point previously.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  16. cadres Augur

Not happening anywhere near as often
    Thought it had gone away, but then had a couple of days late last week where 2/5 were missing
  17. Janakin Augur

It is far less often but happens to me sporadically still. However, the quest that vanishes seems to reappear randomly as complete days or weeks later.
  18. Scila Augur

I haven't had it happen for quite some time and I was a frequent flyer with missing quests.
  19. Thunderkiks Augur

Haven't had the issue here for over a month now. Was just wondering if this had been fixed and wasnt in patch notes
    I run 6 accts on 3 servers and was 2 times a days when we had extra xp so should have seen at least one missing but it's all been good.
  20. Vekaras Ranger of the Too Long Name

Yes the issue still happens but I think its being mis-characterized and as a result devs are looking in the wrong place.

The missions are not 'missing' however the query that pulls in-flight missions is not always returning all of them. I start 5, when I check back only 4 are there. If I check again (after zoning a few times, relogging, etc) the next time it queries the missing mission will be back.

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the queries to the overseer db are run (lack of indexing?) . Just polling overseer has caused my system to hang for a full 7 minutes while the query ran. Normally it isnt that bad but it DOES happen. (Why is the client freezing during the query? That shouldn't happen.)Its worse in high traffic zones, or combat zones. (PoK, Eastern Wastes) but I have had it be bad when I had the only two characters in Vekator's labyrinth.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.