"Your gate is too unstable, and collapses."

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cavall, May 29, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

The gate collapse should be tied to the casting time or reuse timers. The longer the spell takes to cast the lower the rate.

If you are doing a group gate that takes 30s+ to cast it should work every time.

If you are doing a 1s self gate that has a 6s recast. Well that's not to hateful to have to try again.
    Bernel and Andarriel like this.
  2. atchoom Lorekeeper

i just did bloodfall hunter ach, and because some ph are not close each others i used my mage bind to these diff area's, for coh duty .
    i was surprised to see that many gate aa ( or spell gate ) failed.....
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

OP curious, what is your CHA?
  4. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Considering his sig shows him at 120 then I think his CHA is fairly high also /shrug
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Thanks for letting us know about this. Rather difficult to obtain, though.

It's part of the lore. Non magic using types are just that, they are not focused on magic. Instead, they focus on melee.

Rocky Balboa is a great boxer, but lacks the ability to alter the space-time continuum. :cool:
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Qimble Augur

This would be the "because it's always been that way" masturbation I was speaking of earlier. ;) And as I already pointed out, from a practical perspective this winds up just being a time / plat tax on melee. So like I said, no real reason for that to exist in 2022.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

Uh , no, melee, melee and casters cast. There are always work arounds now. Cannot have everything in easy mode. The very first "gate" item I got was the old workers sledge mallet. Was not the fastest route back to pok but It worked.

Your because its always been that way analogy is incorrect. Its more a spoiled kid stamping his feet and demanding he gets what he wants. You dont always get that , life is kinda like that.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Spacemonkey555 Augur

We'll defer to the expert.
  9. Qimble Augur

I mean, I literally can. I've got the plat laying around, if I was super concerned about being able to bind / gate at will I could just spend plat to bypass the system. If I didn't have plat I could give DBG money for kronos and use that.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life ;)