Fixed Charm pet template is artificially capping at a reduced buff limit of ten

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mykaylla, May 20, 2022.

1. Mykaylla Augur

Since the most recent patch, charm pets are unable to have any more than 10 buff and debuffs on them at any one time.

Test subject: a venomous viper in Feerrott, the Dream.
    Spells:
    Edict of Tashan Rk. III
    Tashan's Lingering Cry VII
    Marvel's Command Rk. II
    Night's Perpetual Terror Rk. III
    Night's Terror
    Feedback
    Wondrous Rapidity
    Invigorated Minion Rk. III
    Overwhelming Splendor
    Umbra

[IMG]

[IMG]

As you can see, attempting to cast Intellectual Superiority, and then Scrying Visions, both failed to land due to a venomous viper being bufflocked.

Test subject: a dark whelp in Maiden's Eye (Terror of Luclin zone)
    Spells:
    Edict of Tashan Rk. III
    Tashan's Lingering Cry VII
    Marvel's Command Rk. II
    Night's Perpetual Terror Rk. III
    Night's Terror
    Intellectual Superiority
    Wondrous Rapidity
    Overwhelming Splendor
    Feedback
    Invigorated Minion Rk. III

[IMG]

[IMG]

On attempting to cast an 11th buff, Umbra, again, the pet is already bufflocked. The buff order was different to illustrate that it is not spell-specific, but rather the number of buffs.

The persistent enchanter pet, summoned by Constance's Animation Rk. III, is not affected by this:
    [IMG]
    so clearly it's just a charm pet template issue.
    Tupac, Raccoo, Wulfhere and 6 others like this.
  2. Mykaylla Augur

3. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I tried this on a combat dummy in a guild hall, too, and replicated the issue.

1. I tashed - which applies both tash and tashan's linger cry. (2 buff slots)
    2. I applied Dire Charm (1 buff slot)
    3. I applied Night's Perpetual Terror which also applies Night's Terror (2 buff slots)

I was up to 5 buff slots so far with the above being said. Then I applied 5 junk buffs to the dummy to hit 10 slots, I couldn't apply anything else further.

Semi-related but semi-off-topic. There is no way to reset a buffed up, previously-charmed, combat dummy it seems without dispelling it afterwards. The buffs stay on it permanently thanks to the beneficial guild hall effects, even after charm and other detrimental spells wear off a dummy. Hopefully, someone can maybe check on that, too! ;)
  4. Tupac New Member

Any eta on when this gets fixed? It’s pretty painful to be buff/debuff limited especially when we can’t block buffs (especially auras) on charmed pets that consume a lot of valuable slots.

Thanks.
  5. Meeko Developer(Code)