Looking for a dev response.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TLPman, May 27, 2022.

1. TLPman Augur

So I'm confused How do you guys expect people to kill CT when it is in motm lvl 70 aka fear 2.0 at level 40 on vaniki. Even a full raid of 72 of 40 has 0 chance (cuz you can't kill it in OW for the Achievement) I guess we could get every 40 on the server and try him OW? hell even all 3 golems have motm on them lmao.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That level is incorrect, and you should bug report it. However MoTM should be in.

Q: Will Plane of Fear be in the Secrets The Shadows of Luclin state at launch?
    A: The following zones will be in their launch state until Omens of War unlocks: The Lair of the Splitpaw, The Ruins of Old Paineel, Temple of Cazic-Thule, The Plane of Fear, The Temple of Droga, The Mines of Nurga, The Plane of Mischief, and The Plane of Hate. [Updated 5/11/2022]

Q: Will Mitigation of the Mighty be in effect?
    A: Yes.
  3. TLPman Augur

I agree it's incorrect lol cuz its Mathematically impossible to kill him lol
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You wanted a challenge, here you go!
  5. Kahna Augur

I did say CT was going to be the Velious version of CT and lol'ed at trying to kill him. That isn't a bug on a server with GoD open. They likely forgot it would be the Velious version when they made it the challenge mob and thought it would be the lower level version that already had MoTM removed.
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Isn't that what a bug is? Something not working as intended?
    Tropi and Skuz like this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

On a normal server this is what would be expected, it's a bug on Vaniki because their faq explicitly stated it would be the launch version of fear and get the revamp with OoW.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Midnitewolf Augur

It seems simple to me. The server is supposed to challenge you. If you can't do it at 40, you wait until the server raises the level cap and try again and again until you can do it. That is the point of a challenge, it isn't supposed to be easy or in some cases even possible unless some is genius level creative but those level locks will come and eventually at some point, it will be able to be done, even if it isn't the at the levels the raid is accessible too.

Seriously, I don't get why you would play on a server that is suppose to make things extremely hard and then complain that something is too hard.
  9. brickz Augur

Instead of writing all that you could have read the FAQ which says that the first goal for the server rewards is to kill CT at 40 so coming back at 50 isn't very helpful
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Gnomie Denser than most

Classic loses MOTM in GoD. Technically if it was the classic version of CT (which the FAQ states) then he wouldn't have MOTM. Since he's the velious version, he has MOTM. The issue is that it's the wrong version, when the version is fixed, MOTM should fix itself.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-vaniki-server-faq

You get a reward if you kill it at level 40 or less. Therefore having to wait until after you have leveled is a bit meh.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Sarvis Journeyman

Are the later targets more accessible? I don't know them, but the whole process seems like a real ball ache especially if player retention is going to be an issue on this tlp.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I know that it should be 1.0 CT & it should have the MoTM to go with that, you aren't educating anyone here, we all know what is wrong.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Pretty sure Lethar at 65 is not possible without access to Cure Corruption spells. Even with them it would be a stretch. Meldrath at 70 for similar reasons.
    yepmetoo and Skuz like this.
  15. Gnomie Denser than most

Edit: removing post since it was a response to someone blocked now.
  16. Rcbauer Augur

Get better
  17. Laronk Augur

Not to troll. But I would start with naming your thread properly and then maybe making a properly named thread in the bug reports section. While you might see some threads here that are poorly named a thread title with “Wrong version of CT spawning in fear instance Vaniki, challenge currently impossible” might actually get a click from a dev.
    Mhad likes this.
  18. Brildon Augur

normally i agree with most things ya say Skuz, but i think you *might* be wrong in this case. I think the MoTM being in effect was just a more broad, yes the server will have MOTM... not necessarily referring to CT directly.

The server being in GoD era and the special exception of have Fear 1.0, it does seem reasonable that CT should not have motm, guess we will see when/if they get things straightened out with it actually being fear 1.0
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pretty easy way to check, ask folks on Yelinak if their CT has MoTM
  20. Brildon Augur

I think you are missing the point, Yelinak's server is in the Classic era, of course it has MoTM.

Vaniki is in the GoD era, but is suppose to have Fear 1.0
    Classic targets lose MoTM in GoD

Yelinak has MotM on Naggy and Vox, but don't on Vaniki