What class will be over powered on vaniki?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smak, May 22, 2022.

1. Gnomie Denser than most

First rogue with equifinis will probably top parses lol. I think taskmistress will be easier to kill than CBQ.
  2. Magician9001 Augur

I was talking about pure melee DPS Monk, Rogue, Zerker. Didn't realize Zerker's actually got a few extra %. Either way this just bolsters my point that innate innerflame isn't better.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Meanwhile, AoW down at day 5 due to charm.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1311928288

I wonder how which raids they can beat in the next few weeks?
  4. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

No, it was down to the exploit of being extremely far away so a mob can't summon you. That isn't the fault of charm.
    Vicus, Lawyer and Tucoh like this.
  5. Lawyer Augur

Folks like me have been saying since the announcement of Vaniki that this was going to be the exploit server. It was obvious from the beginning. And of course, it is. What an amazing accomplishment.

Maybe the devs can gather some learnings about which mechanics are broken and cheesed from all of this.

If you look at what it took to kill AoW on Ragefire for the first time (Ragefire was first server to have MoTM, which was in play during Velious), and compare that with what its taking to kill AoW on Vainiki, it's kind of amusing. It redefines "challenge".
  6. Zalamyr Augur

It definitely seemed pretty obvious the combination of +10 levels on charm plus removing level based resists was going to create some very, very obvious problems early on. I don't think it will be as extreme as the expansions roll in, as the power of charmed mobs goes down and the gap between player levels and what's charmable is reduced. But I definitely see charm as being a bit of a problem for most of the life of the server if they elect to not make any further changes.
  7. Vicus Augur

Once the open world mobs aren't important (very soon), then it will be fun skilled raids for the other 95% of the server. Join the server and find a good guild. That is what is going to make this server much different then others. Real challenge for those who been missing it.
  8. Lawyer Augur

The exploiting in instances, away from the prying eyes of the public, will be legendary. The serverwides will come first; then the leaks of streams; and then the forum salt mining.
  9. Shakara Augur

Turns out Paladins are really good on Vaniki.
    Foaming likes this.
  10. coltongrundy Augur

1. Enchanter
    2-5 are Paladin, Mage, Necro, and Bard in some order
    Foaming likes this.
  11. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

This server is fun. Fun is OP.