Multiboxers are cheaters!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Conforth, May 29, 2022.

1. Conforth New Member

No one actually has a bunch of computers & USB numpads and are all using VMs!!!!!

O.... Wait

[IMG]
  2. Arclyte Augur

3. Cideral Lorekeeper

now need a video showing the player moving between each one and not using third party programs to coordinate
    Chikkin, B0HICA, Midnitewolf and 5 others like this.
  4. Captain Video Augur

I'm still trying to figure out what the wetvac is for. Oh wait... never mind.
    Vumad, Chikkin, Ragnoruk and 8 others like this.
  5. jeskola pheerie

- barren, empty room with zero decor: check
    - fist-sized hole in wall at punching height: check
    - highly unstable gamer: check

[IMG]
    B0HICA, Ragnoruk, Herf and 6 others like this.
  6. code-zero Augur

I saw similar setups back in the early 2000's being used by guys supplementing their income and abusing their universities T1 line. Real desktop towers instead of laptops and KVM switches that weren't near as slick but even had multiple punch marks in the drywall
    Herf, Lucentio and Stymie like this.
  7. Lawyer Augur

"Hey look at my totally legit true box setup that can't possibly follow neither the letter nor spirit of true box rules."
    Magician9001 likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Keystroke broadcasting is cheating according to recent definitions from the community guy here, so yeah, that's cheating.
    Magician9001 likes this.
  9. mark Augur

it really sucks 6 boxing on 6 pc and using hot keys i must be one of the few who does it legit using hotkeys.
  10. mark Augur

just play the game and have fun i am.
  11. Mike Morbid New Member

Have fun? Don't complain about every minute detail? When the forums are right there? Surely, you speak madness.
    Shanarias, Appren and Gnomie like this.
  12. Magician9001 Augur

-Glass of wine before noon: Check

can someone "enhance" on those pills are they anti-depressants, Adderall or just vitamins?
    Herf, Lucentio and jeskola like this.
  13. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Our old friend Irony returns to us...
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I five box on five PCs and don't use a single hotkey. I use 5 mice and 5 keyboards and suck it up.

Neither of us is a hero. Truebox is annoying and really just gives an advantage to people that have a lot of computers. I'd rather box 2-3 on one PC and alt tab.
  15. Gnothappening Augur

KVMs are perfectly valid. As are wireless usb numpads.
    Appren likes this.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

You sir, are a glutton for punishment. How the hell do you not use hotkeys? You don't have have a:

/target MAIN GUY
    /Follow MAIN GUY

?
  17. Kahna Augur

I have boxed on 4 computers easy peasy. 1 keyboard and mouse. The other 3 are laptops. 3 small number pads all set up in a row right above my main computer, each going to an individual laptop. Lots of memorized macros.

1 is assist, 2 and 3 are usually offensive tasks, slow or nukes or melody. 4-6 are defensive things, heals, evacs, or evade. 7 is sit, 8 gets the character to follow the main toon. 9 is a wildcard. I could bump it up to 6 with little trouble. Pretty sure I can box a group easier truebox than I can alt tabbing. I even truebox in EQ2 and it's not required there.
  18. Arclyte Augur

that would be fine if there was a separate server for nontruebox, but this time around there wasn't one
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Probably because I never learned to play differently, and I read and type extremely fast.

Back in TSS era, my now-wife came over (we met in game and got together after a meet up in NYC) and couldn't believe my UI. I had one chat window for everything and had everything turned on. I run 7 chat channels now, but still keep everything on. I have no doubt if I made myself learn to use all those kind of things other take for granted, I'd be a better player, but I'm comfortable playing as is so, eh.

If I'm paying attention I do fine. If I'm slacking off I'm slacking off though, so meh. Habits, bad ones I guess.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I am in the "cut it off at some point" camp. It is cool having more grouping opportunities early on with strangers.