Merc Upkeep Being Charged Every Time I Unsuspend

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stitches1974, May 27, 2022.

1. Stitches1974 New Member

I rarely use a merc except for reses and such, so it's almost always suspended. Today I died and unsuspended my healer to res me. Charged 83 plat and the timer set to 15 min. As soon as I took the res and suspended it, the timer jumps from 15 min to 1 or 2 seconds. I suspended and resuspended a few times to make sure before reporting this and it happens every time.

In the attached image you can see I was just charged plat, but my merc timer is at 1 second.[IMG]
  2. Loup Garou De loop de loop

yes, this is normal. If you suspend and unsuspend and dismiss too fast you get charged.

Not sure if anyone has figured out what the time amount is that they have to be unsuspended before you can suspend and not get that immediate charge

Not a bug
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Loup is right. It is to prevent players from not paying over a long period of time, so we can't repeat this over and over

You pay for 15 minutes.

If you put your merc on passive you will also pay the first 15 minute rotation before it starts waiving the charge.

From the original release on mercs:

mercenaries have their own Suspend feature specific to them. It suspends the mercenary so you can keep it without having to pay the upkeep cost. Be aware that there are time penalties for suspending a mercenary too soon after unsuspending it. This is to discourage use of the mercenary as a pocket rez, or pocket buffer. You can use it as such, but it will cost you extra.
    cadres, Andarriel, Aanuvane and 3 others like this.