[Suggestion] Expedition lockouts for basepop

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raccoo, May 26, 2022.

1. Cicelee Augur

Just to clarify,

Your proposal is to take loot designed to be obtained by 54 raiders and move it be obtained by 12 players?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Seems like an unneeded nerf for group players, sure I would love ways to reduce the lag but I don't think making it harder for players to get the luck aug or a lesser version is the answer.
  3. Cicelee Augur

We can disagree. I always thought it odd that a raid instance could drop items one group could obtain.

And lesser version? I mean, we are talking 5 less luck. I would think most groupers don't even one group current expansion raid trash as is for a luck charm aug. My group monk and bard has had that slot empty for years (luck charm aug). I am sure they would love the chance to get one in the group game, even at 5 less luck than before.

I am coming up with a compromise. Raid drops should be obtained via raid. I am taking away the opportunity for a group to get an item only found in a raid and giving a slightly lesser version and adding it for groupers to obtain. And in doing so, raid lag might be reduced since base pop is no longer relevant. Instead of critiquing everyone else's ideas, what is your idea on this issue?
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is the way it has been for years and you don't even need a group to farm them. Sure we it is just 5 less luck but the point is there is no reason to nerf something in the name of less lag. There are other options for dealing with the number of trash in the zone besides requiring raid/group currency to buy and nerfing the group version. Maybe put it as a global drop on expansion mobs?
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

This. And then we wouldnt have to pass raidleader when someone has a lockout because the loot lockout would go away.
  6. Cassiera MOAR DoTs

One big reason for this attitude is a lack of emphasis on actual player performance (tolerating players of a class who put out 5-700k DPS vs 1.5m DPS, in some cases because they can't be bothered to upgrade spells/focuses unless its the *one* they want). This is the fault of all of us, especially guild leadership, for putting up with it without comment.

The other is a general attitude among the leaders of some guilds. They would rather give ores to people upgrading group gear, or an alt. Those upgrading T1 raid gear need not apply. This is a clear disincentive to upgrade early in the year to T1 items, whether or not it would be helpful.