Pleasantly Surprised

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DirtyGurtie, May 26, 2022.

1. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

I usually never play on the progression servers-I like stuff like mercs, the player housing, and a lot of the newer QoL stuff we've gotten over the years. I was bored today though, and decided to give the new Vaniki server a try. I chose a druid, and spent my afternoon in the Mines, grouping with various other players, and I had such a great time! I thought the slower leveling would get old, but actually, it's been kind of nice taking my time. Also, the community has been great! Sure, there are always one or two in Gen chat that get annoying, but that's what /ignore is for, I guess.
    I'm mainly posting this for those who don't usually try these progression servers-try it out...I'm glad I did
    Zrender likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So surprised you forgot to post in the correct forum :eek:

Glad you are having fun :D
    DirtyGurtie likes this.
  3. Volas Lorekeeper

Yep.. the first one you do is indeed fun. It really is. Its a nice trip down memory lane.

Just go in with your eyes open knowing that the SECOND Gates of Discord drops.. the server is dead and gone.

If you're willing to invest the time, emotion and effort into a character that will takes a year to get to 65 and you'll never touch it again (I just cant do it anymore.) .. TLP is a fun time.
  4. TheAgenda Augur

:rolleyes:
    Skuz and SoandsoForumUser like this.
  5. TLPman Augur

Ummm gates of discord is unlocked on this server sooooooo
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Chikkin and Skuz like this.
  7. Volas Lorekeeper

Doesnt change a word I said.

Server goes splat the second PoP unlocks on the standard TLP.

You're welcome to post how Im wrong, but the numbers say otherwise.
  8. TheAgenda Augur

Um because they clearly DO know it all? Do you have any idea how many times they've played classic thru PoP????
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Doubling down, the ole classic.
  10. Chikkin Augur

You aren't (necessarily) wrong!

But it didn't apply to the OP's post!.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

It was both incorrect and irrelevant.
  12. Chikkin Augur

I believe you. I mean, I'll believe just about anybody up in here, cause I sure as heck don't know.

Confession: I just wrote Skuz a long message because, I had everything sorted out (on where I'm rolling today, Vaniki, Yelinak, or Mischief) until it came time to pick server and pick class. Yikes.
    Timmyboi likes this.
  13. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

So where and what did you end up rolling?
  14. Chikkin Augur

Careful! You're totally inviting me to make this about me and derail! Where's my wife at to remind me that it's not always about me. (Haha).

On the real, I wrote Skuz because I didn't want to make another one of those "omg, what should I do, where should i go, what is ____ server like, help me pick" which are fine, just we have so many.

Edit: Plus since I'm going to be closer to Euro hours, I'm about to send a message to Yinla and see where they landed. Also, I need to go look at the guild forum, and see what the Euro guild options are like. -- My playtime probably going to be something like Noon/1pm CST to 5/6pm CST.
    TheAgenda likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You have mail!

@Op, I'm currently having a ball on Vaniki as well. I've run into a few friends from live.The minute live player see my chars as rats they are all going to want one! Roll on level 60 :)

Currently playing (depending on mood)
    25 Beastlord
    25 Rogue
    8 Necro - just finished tutorial
    2 Shaman - need to do tutorial

Shaman is also waiting for my daughter to have some time to play her mage which is also level 2 and in the tutorial.

Main problem I'm having is trying to decide where to fight, so much choice, decided to take the Luclin route for a change, for now at least.

Top tip at the moment for the tutorial is /pick. I found the tutorial got extremely busy so if I find I can't get the mobs it need I do /pick and check if there is a pick with less players than the one I'm in. Base pick I've seen as high as 142 players, while picks are anything from 9 - 40
    DirtyGurtie and Chikkin like this.
  16. TheAgenda Augur

Yeah I'm enjoying live too much right now to wanna do TLP again. I don't see myself ever going back to another full-time. The only way I could be convinced to mess around on any TLPs at the moment is if some of my guildmates from live wanted to go over together, or if my wife and son wanted to make the foundations for a group. My son might be interested but I highly doubt my wife would. TLPs are just too slow for her and in comparison to live.

P.S. Maybe a TSS start could draw me back in ;)
    Chikkin likes this.
  17. Chikkin Augur

Alright folks, I'm a couple days late due to RL, but I'm subbed and in it for a month. Still couldn't decide between the two servers so going to level up a few multiples to 40 on Vaniki and 50 on Yelinak, and decide from there.

See you folks in game!
    Yinla likes this.
  18. TheAgenda Augur

May your adventures take you far and wide, and may they provide you with everything you're searching for. Good luck and have fun.
    Chikkin likes this.
  19. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

Ugh. What a dumb mistake to make. But thanks, it's been great revisiting old zones, and actually seeing other players in them. One of my favorite memories, was fishing in Felwithe every weekend with my guild mate while we watched tv(she used the fish to make fish rolls for the guild-was big back then, lol). Last night it was myself and 3 others at the water's edge.
    Chikkin, Skuz and Timmyboi like this.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

Gloomingdeep and Paludal are a bit of a dumpster fire atm, hopefully that should calm down after opening weekend. Was surprised to see the starting cities as completely dead as they were considering the 100+ in tutorial. Tried to do some newbie armor quests but the spawn/droprates of some mobs were absolutely abysmal.