[Suggestion] Expedition lockouts for basepop

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raccoo, May 26, 2022.

1. Raccoo Augur

One of the contributing factors to lag on raids are the number of basepop/NPCs in the instances. Which leads me to wonder, if the instance is acquired with a Loot Lockout from hunting luck augs or from failed attempts, why does it spawn basepop?
    Kendeth, Szilent, Lophophora and 4 others like this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I would eliminate base pop in raid instances and move luck augs to raid mob and currency vendor.
    zleski, Svann2 and Elyssanda like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Need to have other ways of obtaining them as that would remove the ability of people who don't raid from getting luck charm augs.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  4. dwish Augur

Might work, I’d be willing to try anything at this point to fix the raid instances. Last night, a couple days after the 2 new progression servers debut, we had probably the worst raid night lag wise in the past 6 months. We always have some broken events, but last night every single raid instance we got was horribly laggy.

Not sure if it was just a coincidence or not, but I didn’t really care for progression servers before, but if they are actually to be adding to the server wide raid lag then that’s going to be a nice F U from daybreak. The game is slowly becoming unplayable on the raid front.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They could move luck augs to trash mobs in the base zone, like they did for purity augs in earlier expansions.
    I also think they should have merc gear drop from the base population in newer expansions.

Drops from trashmobs in base-zones have gotten boring...
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Split out the trash, beef some up to 12 people minis and add T1 loot drops to it. For the minis just copy some group rates and give them 15x health, which makes people have to actually do their mechanics and not a 30 second burn.

Nobody likes T1, when tradeskill gear is BIS.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Which is just silly as it really isn't possible to fully gear everyone in TS gear until late in the expansion, there is no reason to not take the drops as upgrades while you wait on TS gear.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Facts are facts and people don’t like wasting their upgrades on non-BIS.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And the devs don't care about getting everyone BiS. Just because you don't want to loot an upgrade because it isn't the best doesn't mean that the devs support that idea. They already reduced the amount of drops in raid chests because people complained about how much dropped, they are not going add more in on easier targets.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It’s called bad design and wasted effort to just ignore player behavior. Upgrading to T1 from last expansion is so little gain, combined with how little impact gear has for any class not a tank.
    Cadira likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I would call everyone having the same items bad design. Just because you don't like the T1 gear doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way and is holding out for TS BiS items. We need to get rid of the idea that everyone has to have the all the best items from an expansion.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I don’t like to preach to other players how they should play the game.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't like people complaining about items because they are not the "best", sure you can chose not to loot upgrades if you want to but we don't need threads whining about the devs making gear that isn't the best.
  14. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You're derailing this thread with your rants. Let me just reiterate my expansion on the OP, separating the raid trash:

Bulk up some of the raid trash into mini-bosses (12+player content), use group rares as templates and multiply the health by 15x, then add T1 loot (nobody likes it except apps and alts).

Boom, creates end game group progression, increases desirability for T1, and incorporates OP suggestion to minimize raid lag.
  15. Cicelee Augur

The reason why raider mains won't bid on T1 drops is because of how easy it is for a raider whose guild can clear all nine raids weekly to get ores via currency.

Reduce currency from chests. Or increase ore cost. Now raider mains must loot T1 loot. Now you have made T1 loot viable and necessary.

Also, not every ore piece is BIS. As a magician who maximizes SD, some of the T1 loot is higher SD than its ore equivalent. So I will have a mix on my toon. The game is not all about how much HP you have...
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I can't afford to go through 2 tiers of gear every expansion, with all those platsinks. Paying 15k plat(or whatever it cost to make a tier1 visible) for a 150hp upgrade is simply not logical.
  17. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Gearing returning players, gearing new apps, gearing alts/boxes, smart dkp systems where ore is priced 2x or more higher than everything else...

I honestly think you speak for maybe <10% of EQ players rather than everyone.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

So, basically the Live EQ raiding population.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Could also sell then on the group item vendor but at a price equivalent to how tough its supposed to be to get them.
  20. Cicelee Augur

Create a group obtained luck charm aug that is less than the raid luck (say 5 less). Have that drop from named (similar drop rate to power sources), maybe even obtain on group currency (now more incentive to do more missions).

Now you have no raid base pop, raiders can get raid luck charm augs, groupers can get group luck charm augs.