Yelinak looks like Magefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnomie Denser than most

I do think you'd enjoy SOF and some of the later expansions. A lot of later progression through zones is NOT raid-locked. A lot of the progression later has group progression OR raid progression, and some of the gear, quests, activities are actually a lot more prominent in the group game than early on.
  2. Magician9001 Augur

Doing DoDH group content without raidgear is very linear and instance based. The only real way to do it without being a raider is to form a static group and do it on a schedule. If you read what he said instead of what you want him to say you would understand why this doesn't work for him.
  3. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

You assume they are trying to solve problems.

Or are able to.
  4. Ragnoruk Augur

I disagree. Sometimes there are groups available and sometimes not, even in the early game. Relaxing truebox rules to allow a 2nd character wouldn't break the game. Anyone wanting to box 6+ characters are already doing that.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Make groups

That's all the secret advice to levelling fast depends upon in early TLP, but if you miss the initial levelling wave you should consider boxing to catch up.

Making groups is WAY faster before OoW on a classic-start server.

If you are 100% only LFG for other player's groups you will spend a lot longer looking.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL. And here's our latest boxing basher, folks. Welcome to the club.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Truebox was the solution to Ragefire/Lockjaw. So right or wrong, they definitely are trying to solve problems.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

This is a nice setup. I can only effectively figure out how to run 3. I really want to add a 4th - this is inspirational sir
    Appren likes this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Keep in mind that you rarely need to look at your 4 through 6 boxes. Usually just need your tank and crowd control front and center. This is especially true if you use Google Remote Desktop on your local network.
  10. Triconix Augur

Trash with mechanics? Sounds like creative implementation and good design. Also...TOV trash had different spells casted that normally forces you to use different tanks for different color types. How is Velious considered spectacular and DoDH is trash when you're describing the same thing with just more advancements?

There is no single mechanic in Hatchet that can wipe an entire raid because of one person. You have every opportunity to stay away from the person emoted, just like that person has every opportunity to move from the raid. It's a two-way street. Your fault for not being cautious and getting the hell out of the way. I would also argue this is by far a better mechanic than mobs with random unavoidable DTs like you see throughout Classic.

DoDh is a phenomenal expansion for both casuals and raiders. The auto grant gear from mission completions is EP-PoTime equivalent for the most part. There is a ton of content in the expansion with lots of good lore within the multiple quest arches.

P.S. Tanks don't got to do anything. I only had 1 TS armor on live and the rest was Fallen Saint. I was perfectly fine 15 years ago without power creep. I'm sure tanks will be fine today with their massive power creep and Fallen Saint armor. That's just a ridiculous comment.

Another L of a comment. Keep 'em coming.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The rest of your post is entirely valid, the quoted part here is the only one I actually find somewhat strange.

I mean, I can see where you are coming from to a degree but this is about a way people choose to spend time, and if you have a job already you can't truly pick and choose what time you want to play anyway, you are going to be working your job & the only time available to play is going to be when you aren't working sleeping unless you happen to be retired or out of work.

If people arrange their "free" time to line up with other players "free" time then that's not really a job at all, it's just organising so that a group (or raid) are arranging their "free" time to overlap with the "free" time of other players, unless of course you are so entirely against making an effort that any degree of effort required constitutes working.

I myself think of raiding as being the desk-bound equivalent of a team sport like rugby etc. where players coordinate, position, and while a Raid Leader could be equated to a boss it works on an entirely voluntary level, you do not have to be there, if anything it's totally unique because its where the whole team would like it if YOU were the boss for a while because it would make everyone's time more fun & enjoyable yet you always see that nobody actually wants to be the boss really because that's the hardest role so most guilds struggle to even have raidleaders.
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Or maybe they work for a living and can afford six computers. I mean, even with 64 bit you can buy a computer that will run EQ for $20 on facebook marketplace. Maybe $40 with current prices. If you can afford six subscriptions, you can easily afford six computers.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

You would see my 6 box army but I can't get all 6 into the game at once so I am waiting.
  14. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

6 box isn't an army. It's a group.
  15. Malpheroth Elder

I started reading this post hours ago and I was thinking to myself, "this isn't that bad compared to what I've seen on the live servers or even the previous truebox releases," but boy was I surprised when hours later I found myself in upper guk and not one or two or even three or four but entire picks full of bot armies leveling up at 5 am EDT. I can't believe I was suckered into giving Daybreak more money but I should have known better since I simply refused to come back when people kept telling me "they fixed the botting problem" months ago. It seems even the new servers can't be helped

Don't let these boxers and botters lie to you and pretend as though they aren't botting/boxing on an mmorpg to take advantage of the circumstance where the good players are forced to play by the rules for the sake of playing with others and that they can, by boxing/botting, take advantage of people who are 2x, 10x, 100x less powerful than them not due to skill or time but because they are playing the game in a way it wasn't intended and in a way many/most do not enjoy. The slandering is a facade to mask the issue.

It is daybreak's responsibility to moderate their game that people have paid for and are continuing to pay for, but the blame also lies with those who are taking advantage of the circumstance, those who support this kind of behavior, and those who continue to shovel money at daybreak pretending to be ignorant of how their money contributes to the problem. I don't own the game so if they want to drive it into the ground that is their business but that doesn't mean that it isn't sad to me or that I don't still enjoy EQ in what it was and what it could be and what it could have been.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Same here except insert trakanon server. It was devoid of players forever so we rolled an afk pile of buffers. We have years and years of old office PCs that run EQ just fine. I CAN box a group, but prefer to find a group of live people or 2 box / 3 box for campfire and a buffer / healer out of group to the duo. I went to 6 so I could request and do missions.
    Truebox is basically a stealth suckup to wealthy people.

Players who can't run more than one account financially are less of a financial impact than players who can afford several PCs so DPG gives them a wiggle in space like the back door entrance to The Hole.

It doesn't STOP boxes, it just sorts them by wealth and or VMWare proficiency.
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh and out of 91 players in vaniki Gloomingdeep last night, 60% of all players in zone were mages and of those, 90% were mutiple mage box groups.
  18. Elite_raider Augur

This is an outright lie, please provide a link to were any dev even hints at, that hardware KVM's are against the Truebox rules.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Doing any of the following may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

And which of those is talking about kvm? They are on different pc and you only control 1 mouse/keyboard at a time. So are we back to the old argument about what's 3rd party and why kvm, Gina, notepad, Gamparse, windows itself, etc are all 3rd party and should be banned from using any and all? What about a hardware kvm? Is that 3rd party software?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.