Memorial Day Weekend XP Bonus?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zansobar, May 26, 2022.

1. Zansobar Augur

Are we getting the XP bonus this weekend and if so when will the announcement be?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

there is another post on this that may contain the answer
  3. Vaniki New Member

3am no bonus :rolleyes:
  4. Buddhaman New Member

I assume the answer is no as it would have started an hour and 7 minutes ago if there was a bonus...
  5. Gnomie Denser than most

There's been one the past 3 years, but it was also announced 2-3 days prior to it starting. Going by previous start times, if we were going to get one it should have started about an hour and a half ago. Not sure if they shortened it, or just cancelled it this year because they didn't want the new TLPs to get it.
  6. Lineater Augur

In the announcement, Mepps says it starts Friday May 28th at 12:00AM. But today is the 27th. And bonus xp isn't on. I'm confused...
  7. Gnomie Denser than most

The announcement was from last year. They haven't made an announcement this year. They usually make an announcement 2-3 days in advance, and have for the past several years...but none so far. Starting to suspect no bonus this year.
  8. Lineater Augur

Mystery solved. lol. /bonk self
  9. verbatim Elder

Odd of the developer to change their stance with respect to memorial day.
  10. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

Is it?

With all the going on, is it really?

I know they like to make it so every human with a job and family has to fight to enjoy bonuses anyway, so if they decided to say "That holiday is toxic and racist", would it really be odd?

Less (expletive deleted) on EMUs at this point.
  11. Sarvis Journeyman

Mischief was a mess last year with server issues in the first week. Maybe they decided not to exacerbate things.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Look, the one person they had who could properly work a calendar and plan things more then a week in advance retired. The problem is noone else there knows Lotus 1-2-3 so they can't plan or update us any longer. Just get use to worse communication from the company you pay real money to then from the em server folks. Its not getting any better unless Eustace decides to come out of retirement.
    Accipiter likes this.
  13. Fhiele Augur

We faced a virtual revolt in our adminsitrative support staff when we moved to Excel from 1-2-3. We put it down with ruthless efficiency of course.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I give it 6 more hours (noon pst) and this should be resolved
    minimind likes this.
  15. asdfbot Lorekeeper

so your thinking 3pm est friday for bonus?

shorter expansions with no bonus weekend.... wont be good.
  16. Kylo Classic Augur

I hope there is no bonus. People are still levelling their first toon.
  17. Azurefrost Elder

Well maybe they should of thought about that before deciding to launch a new server not only pushing back 2 sets of servers expansion launch, but also right next to a normal yearly xp bonus....
    Morriana likes this.
  18. Morriana Journeyman

Why is it so hard for a CM/Dev to just come here and say yes or no?
  19. Balthazar New Member

a VERY small percentage of EQ players are playing the new TLPs. They denied us relaxed truebox on existing TLPs despite overwhelming demand. They only did that after seeing such low initial interest in the new server rulesets and realizing they needed that feature to be unique to them to hopefully draw a few in. To let these lackluster servers deny the rest of the community the yearly bonus we have come to expect and have been preparing for would just be digging the hole deeper.
  20. Shanarias Augur

The 73 minute login queue on Yelinak certainly paints a different picture.