(Yelinak) Bard main + ??? Box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by 1ManRiot_box, May 26, 2022.

1. 1ManRiot_box New Member

Hey guys, I have many, many years of solo, group and high tier raiding experience on Bard. I will be leveling another Bard on Yelinak but able to box this time around. My girlfriend will also be playing my box character from time to time, as I am introducing her to EverQuest this TLP rotation. I am looking for feedback or insight as to what class combo I should box. I want something that will allow me to do some more difficult content alone (things like camping voice of the serpent, illusion mask collecting, etc.) I also want to give my GF a fun first EQ experience when she plays the box character. My short list so far is as:

Bard/Shaman
    Bard/Shadow Knight
    Bard/Wizard
    Bard/Druid
    Bard/Necro

I know Mages are OP for the first couple expansions. So I've considered that as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read and offer some feedback
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would reccomend having your gf play through the tutorial using one of each of the main archetypes on a live server to see what she most enjoys playing, then pick the most Bard compatible class from that archetype.
  3. Trebla7th Augur

On Aradune, I have had unexpected success with Bard + Druid (Druid was my wife's and I took it over when she quit, otherwise I doubt I'd have even tried it). I was able to easily camp (just with these two characters)
    * VotS during Luclin.
    * Some PoJ trials during PoP.
    * All active "alt-access" quests to locked PoP zones during PoP
    * Rare/Hunter achievements in almost all non-raid zones in era
    * All DoN group missions.
    * DodH resist click mask (all 23 missions).

I make no claim that Druid is the best partner, but it's surprisingly sufficient. Surprising to me, druid mains are probably not surprised by this at all.
  4. dOOB New Member

Voice of the serpent and all illusion masks other than gnome/dwarf and high elf can be solo'd by a bard in era. So let her play whatever is most appealing to her.
  5. Mike Morbid New Member

I want to see somebody box bard/bard.