Yelinak looks like Magefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, May 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delfofthebla New Member

I really want another server with aradune ruleset. That place was beautiful, but it's now well outside the fun part of the game's lifespan.
  2. TheAgenda Augur

Uhhhh have you never raided DPoB...?
  3. Gishmail Journeyman

Nice setup, looks very similar to the one I had. Corsair makes some nice products and iCue is well designed. Bad thing about having yourself surrounded by 6 pcs is the heat coming off of them over time, takes up a lot of space, adds to energy cost overtime, and more pc maintenance. If it weren't for the great people at Stardock I wouldn't even bother trying to 6 box. Which currently I am not 6 boxing anyway, tired of throwing money at EQ. I may dabble around after the relaxed stuff hits and that's if I am interested by the time they do that. Was really hoping they'd have a fresh TLP without boxing restrictions.
    Ileasa likes this.
  4. Delfofthebla New Member

Raiding content isn't really what I find enjoyable about this(or any) game. I already have a job. Spending several hours 3-5 nights a week working a second job simply so that I can acquire some virtual power is not what I'd call "fun".

I wanna chill. I wanna be able to walk away for a few hours if I'm bored or have something else going on. I wanna be able to not log in during the week and not feel punished for doing so. I wanna eat dinner at a reasonable hour. I don't want to compete with people that are supposed to be my friends. I just wanna...play a video game.

Leveling in EQ can give me all of that. Raiding...cannot.

But to answer your question. No, I have not done DPoB. I have done everything up until Luclin, which is where I draw the line at what I am willing to put up with, but then I'm gone.
    Lucentio and Ileasa like this.
  5. TheAgenda Augur

So you say that the era that Aradune is in isn’t fun. Then you say your experience in the game is up until Luclin, suggesting that you haven’t played during the era that Aradune is in. So please help me understand…what is it that emboldens you to feel that you can leave negative reviews about content that you haven’t given a fair shake?
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Now we need mark to post his setup
    Stymie likes this.
  7. Mistress Journeyman

Not him but ill bite.

DPoB.

Whole raid is snared, has a massive attack debuff, a mana regen debuff, and a endurence drain debuff half the expansion and by the time your entering the next expansion your final players will be getting that debuff removed.

Every TRASH mob does an annoying machanic.

Gargs proc a death touch debuff that sometimes doesnt get cured and kills players.

Wolfs charm which has players sperg out and kill the player.

Orcs knockback which has tanks once in awhile forget about positioning which gets them knocked in a bad direction that trains and or sometimes wipes the raid. ( it also will sometimes just 20,000k the tank into a wall which acts like fall damage & no you cannot levitate it )

Zombies explode for 12,000 damage or do a 8,000 damage directional which tends to kill a few players.

The red skeletons have to be placed in a proof location and killed at the same time otherwise they come back to and life and people tend to this up every now and then.

Vampires and spiders do massive aoe dots that hit the whole raid.

This is just the TRASH and there is an abundence of it abundance. ( also remember that with the deaths that come from this that some of those players will need to start regening back up from 0 with the endurence and mana regen debuff )

Bosses are fine other then Hatchet, any boss with a machanic that can have a single player wipe a 54 man raid in a instant is just lazy design but sadly the trash is half of what you will be dredging through while your in this zone.

The zone aoe & degree of trash mechanics is horrible, whats the next expansion that has a end zone with a zone wide aoe and trash mechanics on all the trash like this? I personally cant think of one, not to this degree anyways.

Oh yea and tanks gotta pay around 7 to 8 krono for a full set of last blood armor otherwise they will be between 100-200ac behind ( they could farm the parts and or tradeskill it but we all know most players don't and won't cuz that )
    Delfofthebla and Ileasa like this.
  8. TheAgenda Augur

Yeah definitely wasn't talking to you but okay cool good job I guess.
  9. Gnomie Denser than most

Oh yeah the energy costs definitely get up there. I have my two PC's liquid cooled, but it definitely gets warm sometimes.
  10. Delfofthebla New Member

I just told you. I don't like raiding. It doesn't matter if DPoB is the most complex and interesting raid in the world with the best bosses, the best loot, and the quintessential "best content the devs ever made".

If you are told to be at a specific place at a specific time for a specific period in order to acquire a reward--then it's a job. I do not want to work two jobs.

I like leveling, and I like progressing towards character power goals in a slow but consistent way. I like the period when the game feels like an actual world, and I like struggling through that world.

The moment Luclin drops all of that starts to fall apart, and I start having a lot less fun. This is also the period in which raiding becomes the primary if not only activity that you can even do. Sure, you got a few AA's to grind but they're pretty lackluster in this era and not really all that fun to chase. Then PoP drops and the whole thing comes crashing down. Sure, you get a few more levels to enjoy, a few more AA's, but now the sense of an actual world is destroyed by PoK's existence. Raiding is now omnipresent and overbearing. It is the content. And I'm not about that life.

I have only dabbled in a couple of expansions past this point, and certainly not enough to feel confidently about the gameplay options, but I would be immensely surprised and impressed if you told me there were fun things to do/chase outside of raiding that did not require a player to raid to experience. The fact remains that the sense of the game being an actual "world" is far and gone. The community leaves in droves by this point too.

So for someone who just wants to play one character and play it outside of raiding, it is not even remotely appealing to even try this expansion. Of course I could be wrong. And as you've said, I haven't tried it but am claiming it is not fun. But you're not trying to convince me that the expansion has fun stuff to do. You're telling me that it's dumb that I have an opinion of the state of the game when I haven't even tried doing it. But of course having two jobs sucks. I don't need to try it to know that.
    Lucentio and Ileasa like this.
  11. TheAgenda Augur

Got it. Neat.
  12. SoandsoForumUser Augur

I mean it seems more accurate to say you don't like organized group activities. Because you described casual sports leagues, D&D, movie nights, concerts, and who knows how many other group activities.

The group game up through luclin is just... terrible. You farm some subpar loot and do the one or two non worthless quests and there's nothing else to do. The group content steadily improves as the game goes on. They reduce the quality gap between raid gear and group gear while adding in missions and currency systems entirely revolving around giving non raiders way to progress in the game meaningfully.

You're welcome to just be honest and say 'I'm here for the nostalgia, and for me that's the trilogy' and that's fine, but trying to argue that there's some amazing design principles that made that period a utopia for non raiders is just... bizarre.
    Genoane and TheAgenda like this.
  13. Magician9001 Augur

Do you think blatantly lying helps you convince the DEVs?
  14. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Lying is actually proven to be more helpful in most situations than harmful. A little research goes a long way
  15. Roleplay Here Journeyman

Cool three computers and 6 toons, that's not truebox, so you definately are in voilation of the ToS. This picture proves it.
  16. Gnomie Denser than most

*yawn*

You apparently don't see the two desktops with two laptops sitting on top of them in the floor under the desk. There's a macbook sitting on a black tower on the left, and a glass / neon tower with a black laptop on the right. But here I'll label the computers and their attached monitor to humor you.
  17. Gnomie Denser than most

18. Arclyte Augur

It amazes me how many bad opinions there are about removing truebox.

I'm happy the devs have common sense and don't kill TLPs by removing it.
    Magician9001 likes this.
  19. Magician9001 Augur

The funny thing is he hasn't played the content but has a better grasp of it then you. Realistically speaking TSS is the only expansion he might actually enjoy.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

DoDH has lots of great missions and gorup content. It's not all dpob doom and gloom.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.