Can a standalone digital version of Titanium be sold again?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Overmedium, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Overmedium New Member

I want to just purchase a copy of EQ Titanium so I can play p99 while I wait for the TLPs... We all know how to get it normally but as I want to play at work on company property, I don't want to use any other methods... I never see this happening but it would be cool.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

Im sorry for asking but why do you need a copy of Titanium to play p99? I have one and am just curious.
  3. Moege Augur

Supposed to have your own copy to play there. iirc its one of the requirments from DB side to allow p99 to exist.

DB should do some verification, I bet a lot of people just pirate it.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have always wondered: If you have purchased a later version of EQ(for example the current version) and all previous expansions are included in that purchase. Doesn't that mean you also "technically" own Titanium(even if you don't have a physical copy of that particular version)?

I mean, there is nothing in the eula that says you are legally obligated to keep the game up-to-date(as long as you don't expect it to work on official servers)...Your purchase of the older versions that was included, is not suddenly made void, just because DBG suddenly feels like patching the game...
    Graethos likes this.
  5. Moege Augur

No it does not, it means you own a license for the current eq client, Titanium is a older version and you do not have the license for that. Do not confuse the expansions and the client versions.

To prove the point DB can ask you to install the version you purchased and show that it works with P99.

If this argument was true then you could argue, my current client allows others to play in newest expansion so I should be able to even if I did not buy the expansion unlock.

@OP Ebay is probably your only option.
  6. Hobs Elder

It's not worth the cost to buy Titanium Edition on eBay. I highly doubt Daybreak/Darkpaw cares what method you use to obtain it nor do they have the time or money to waste on lawyers to chase after anyone that obtains it by other means.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Tbh, it should be relatively easy for DBG to sell a digital download of titanium cheaply.. As long as p1999 is active and officially endorsed, I see now downside on DBG's part.

I have no good guesses for why they don't offer Titanium. :confused:

Maybe the small target audience doesn't justify the initial cost of putting it up on their webshop? Or It might require a separate type of eula they can't just copy from their other products, and hiring someone to type it out, might be more expensive than we think?
    Graethos likes this.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

They should create a free Download package full of promos and pics to this game advertising the new TPL direct them to single server newbe area to start to learn their char and the game. So peeps can make friends and have fun playing the game.
  9. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I think DPG should just send the cease and desist to the P99 devs and absorb P99 into their own operations. That way the monetization can pay for more staffing (in a perfect world lol)
  10. Stymie Pendragon

Last fall I was able to get all of the files needed to play P99 pretty easily. Google "installing project 99" and the 10 minute install YouTube video explains the process. I hope this helps.
  11. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

A license for the current EQ client? The current client includes the same things that titanium does. Buying the most modern expansion gives you all previous expansions. So you DO have the license.

Terrible, dishonest analogy. If you own a modern expansion you DID buy the previous expansions including vanilla EQ. All you said was "other people bought the expansion so I should play for free". Which doesn't apply.
  12. code-zero Augur

Because they want it to eventually die. Given time the Titanium clients floating around will slowly dry up. The pirate versions will all be corrupted. The few that remain will no longer run at all on newer computers and the entire P99 project withers and dies
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Why would DayBreak sell an outdated client they no longer even have an original of and risk being legally responsible for supporting it when they have stated many times they will not maintain more than a single client for EverQuest?

Me neither.