Yelinak Queue Long AF

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by rangerous, May 25, 2022.

1. rangerous Elder

Thought DB finally got things sorted out last year.

Pretty sweet waiting 25minutes to get in. Get booted from server after 15m now have been waiting another full hour to get back to my friends. Almost out of level range at this point.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Figure on 4 hours. Then you won't be disappointed.
  3. Lawyer Augur

Average wait time 126 minutes. It checks out.
  4. Lawyer Augur

Funny though -- no wait time at all for the "Level Locked Progression" server. Hmm...
    rangerous likes this.
  5. Juxtaposedirony New Member

Good news, the que is no longer going up 1 minute for every minute I wait! ... so ... that means it's no longer infinite!
    Stymie likes this.
  6. nazgull2k1 Elder

Thats because the lemmings dont WANT anything new or different. They want the exact same thing over and over and over again. Every year. Like clockwork. The same 6 zones all day every day. Nothing different, nothing changed. Everything the same.

Have I ever told you the definition of Insanity? Saw someone say that... makes a heck of alot of sense.

That server is dead on arrival, and will be Miragul within a week.
    Timmyboi likes this.
  7. Juxtaposedirony New Member

Lemmings don't commit mass suicide, so the term seem antiquated. I am unsure why the ad hominem needed to be invoked at all...
  8. Shemak Journeyman

Maybe they dont expect a different result and so its not insanity and are just happy to experience this again. If they wanted change they wouldnt go back to everquest anyway.
  9. Branntick Augur

You're playing a 23 year old game. The ship of wanting things new or different sailed a long time ago.
  10. Bard2019 Elder

Well, actually the majority of us don't want what it offers. Sure it's different, but it's not the kind of different that you're going to find any of us voting for if we would have been given the opportunity. If I'm going to play something other than a standard TLP, it needs to be something that is appealing, not just different for the sake of being different.
    Nocolitsia likes this.
  11. rangerous Elder

Still MF waiting
  12. nazgull2k1 Elder

There's literally 20 YEARS of content thats new and different past Planes of Power.. where all of the lemmings dive off so they can jump onto the next tlp to do the exact same thing over again..

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?
    Timmyboi and Nennius like this.
  13. PotatoPowa Elder

Pull the trigger & launch a second standard ruleset, imo. Merge them if numbers come down. The neckbeards have spoken. Plain vanilla instead of mad scientist rulesets. So mote it be.
  14. Lawyer Augur

Yep, that would be a prudent move. Then, in a few months (or years), they can be merged if needed.
    PotatoPowa likes this.
  15. Rothj Augur

I think you're a little confused. You seem to think you have more insight than you actually do, but fail to actually understand much of anything about the people you're referring to.

Either way, I'll address just Vaniki itself... I did log in and create a character. First thing it wants you to do is hail a ton of npcs to learn things I don't care about or want to do. I had to pick up a bunch of quests and engage with things that weren't interesting to me. Next, it gives you a ton of overpowered armor that you wouldn't normally have for that level. Also, it has mercenaries or at least mentions them. The feel is WRONG.

I want to be immersed in some sort of fantasy world where I can do anything I want. Omens/gates/the tutorial were all made at a time AFTER the original devs left and you could tell it was basically just low quality phoned in content to try to address new players quitting.
  16. Lawyer Augur

Exactly. As I've said all along -- the level-locked progression server's fate should inform the devs/DBG who NOT to listen to.
  17. Branntick Augur

"Doing the same thing expecting a different result."

Nobody is expecting a different result. We all get our nostalgia itch tickled by classic EQ. That's why people return by the thousands every single time, because they get something from it.
    eredhel likes this.
  18. Midnitewolf Augur

Whelp I got in after almost 2 hours and manage to reserve all the names I wanted and them some, only to have the game crash on me. Now back in the que. The only go thing is that the que is actually counting down now instead of up so it looks like we are starting to get to the tail end of the que. Only 93 min for me to go.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

You didn't, but I heard it from Einstein.
  20. Stymie Pendragon