Most wanted Class for groups?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brulia, May 25, 2022.

1. Brulia Elder

Is there a particular class that's most needed?
  2. Madae Elder

Can't have a group without a tank or healer, and the latter generally means cleric. In higher level groups, Enchanters make things so much less painful. It's hard to say whether that means more people will be those classes, or less, but in my experience, you generally see people playing a lot of "solo friendly" classes just in case they can't group, or maybe they just like it, so it skews the numbers either way.
  3. Midnitewolf Augur

Cleric hands down. There are never enough Clerics, each group needs a healer and the Cleric is hands down the best healer in the game. Hell I feel they are clearly OP at the role of healer. The difference between a group with a Cleric and one with a Shaman or Druid is night and day. Seriously having a cleric trivializes most group content.
  4. MMOer Augur

Most cleric

Second most Tank

Third most Mana regenerer
  5. Madae Elder

Yeah, I think most people would probably say Cleric. The problem is that everyone knows how important they are, but very few want to play them. You will always notice when you can't find a healer, too, and more than anything else.
  6. MMOer Augur

PTSD from healing stress is real
    Lineater and eredhel like this.
  7. Midnitewolf Augur

more like mind melting boredom. I was really considering rolling a Cleric this time around but after looking at their spell line up again, I realized that they are so overspecialized on healing, that the have no other capability or role. All you ever really get to do with a Cleric is stare at health bars and click 1 or 2 buttons for the most part. I mean sure if you get a really bad pull, healing through can be exciting but what about the other 99% of the time your playing?

Honestly they should have revamp'ed the cleric a long time ago and gave it some other tools, maybe make it into some sort of warpriest where you can do more than just heal. Basically just make it more fun and engaging and maybe we would have more clerics.
  8. Dr Jackstraw New Member

I'd prefer to make a Druid, but I feel like I'll be forced to heal, and if I'm going to heal, I would much rather be a Cleric. I played a Cleric on Mischief for the first time, got to level 59, and it is so much better at healing than the Druid and the Shaman (at the levels that I've played) that I honestly don't want to heal as anything BUT the Cleric. Not to mention the group saver - aka, resurrect. The only thing that will keep people from "mysteriously disconnecting" when they die to something stupid is the knowledge that you will return 96% of their experience back to them.

It's tough though. I really enjoy being able to powerlevel my friends, and port around, and I like the Druid kit more than the Cleric kit except for the absurdly higher healing power. I mean, if Druid was just like 80% as good of a healer as the Cleric, it would be one thing. But the Druid is so much worse it's not funny. And I feel like most groups don't NEED the healing power of the Cleric, but people are also really weird in this game. They would rather sit in LFG for hours and do nothing than join a non-optimal group.
  9. Juxtaposedirony New Member

I'm not really disagreeing, but I would say Clerics still usually out dps a paladin for most of the 1-60 range on undead, so at least there's that!
  10. ZzznakeDoctur Journeyman

Aaaannnnddddd THIS is ultimately the problem w/ playing Cleric. It's a world of extremes.

When you're in a bad group you have to being paying constant attention or the deaths start adding up quickly. Sure, you can rez, but it costs a lot of mana and people will NOT be happy if they're dying a lot.

On the other hand, when you're in a good group, you'll be spending 95% of your time casting CH, buffing and watching Netflix.

You'll also be geared out extremely quickly when new xpacks drop - so that's always a huge plus.
  11. c313 Augur

Enchanter straight up
  12. dOOB New Member

You can battle cleric all you want, damage prevented with stuns is just as good as damage healed. Get in there and whack ,snare with your innoruuk clicky neck, cast that yaulp, and help cc with roots. It doesn't have to be boring all the time.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Midnitewolf Augur

Yeah that is why playing a Cleric sucks. You have to actually pay attention at all time but the only thing that matters for attention is the little red bars of your teammates and then it only requires you to press maybe 1 of 3 buttons tops. That is why I can't deal with playing a Cleric. I don't mind healing and can play a Shaman or a Druid fine, but that is because I have a ton of other things I can do besides hea;. Also because a Cleric is just so OP at healing, often a group will invite a Shaman or Druid for slows, buffs, off heals, DPS etc giving bother class a break from healing.

On the other hand my cousin loved being a Cleric. He claimed to love the feeling of power he got from playing the class. He as a bit sadistic because if people in the group pissed him off he would withhold heals. He also liked playing a Cleric because the party didn't make a move without his say so. If he wasn't ready, the entire party had to wait on him and his whim. He didn't mind the boring heals because he liked the power dynamics. Ironically he was a excellent clerics and took his job seriously which is damn funny now that I think about it. Definitely not your typical, "I play a Cleric, because I like supporting other people" mentality LOL.