2023 TLP's must have this ONE change to be succeseful...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ponter, May 25, 2022.

1. Ponter Elder

Listen, I've been stalking this forum for damn near a year at this point and while players disagree on many things, now that players have had a chance to voice their opinions on the 2022 TLP's we need to star looking ahead to 2023 with what players DO agree on in mind. As it happens there's one thing that most players seem to agree upon, perhaps something that could even unify the player base for one brief glimmering moment, and help unify a divided Norrath...

New Freeport sucks fatty ogre butt.

Please do the players a service and reinstate Old Freeport. Unlike some other revamped zones, the layout and feel of the zone completely changed, and even the dev who made it left piles of steaming horse turds all over the place to show how they knew players would feel about it.

Pros of changing Freeport back to how it should be: Increased nostalgia, fewer horse turds.

Cons: Literally none.

In conclusion: New Freeport bad. Old Freeport good!

Thank you for your consideration of this important matter,
    Ponter
    Wulfgard and Dre. like this.
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

They've already said multiple times as to why they can't do it. It's not going to happen.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Trevor Elder

they can do it but won't

it's 100% worth the time to un"revamp" all old zones
    Dre. likes this.
  4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Dude, like I said, they have said multiple times why they CAN'T. Just like how they CAN'T do account to account transfers anymore. You have to accept it, but you don't have to like it, that "new" Freeport is here to stay.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

And besides, has any TLP failed because of "new" Freeport? I'm thinking back, but I can't remember one.
  6. Ariana Augur

PoR released in 2006. It's just Freeport, and has been for the majority of the life of EQ. Have people seriously been carrying this grudge against this zone for 16 years now?
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't think Freeport can be reverted, but it can certainly be revamped to be more like the old Freeport.
  8. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

People still carry a grudge over Luclin models.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Ponter Elder

Every single TLP has failed because of New Freeport, and you can't change my mind.

I will carry this grudge until my dying breath.

Down with New Freeport! If we can't have Old Freeport, then make New New Freeport with the same old layout but new graphics. Only good things can come from it.
  10. Mike Morbid New Member

I don't care about Freeport, but I still hold a grudge against The Dukes Of Hazzard for being on at the same time as Star Blazers in 1984.
  11. Triconix Augur

I'm just sitting here thinking that the new Freeport isn't even that bad. It's has a real ancient city type feel to it. It's been so many years but I remember the old Freeport feeling a lot more like a maze for a mouse to find cheese in. It didn't really make me feel like I was navigating in a city as much of it was just stone walls. The new Freeport has random stores, buildings, homes, etc.
    code-zero and Ariana like this.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

in4 freeport de-vamp
    Ponter likes this.