server merge transfer rules

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Joules_Bianchi, May 18, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And the post by Accendo from yesterday that says that they are not getting them? I would trust that over an test patch notes that got changed for the live patch notes.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ll-be-merged-with-vox-on-june-15-2022.282985/

If you look at the live patch notes it only mentions Phiningel and it seems I missed the initial patch notes that said it was included. However I am guessing that after that was posted it was pointed out that people could create free heroics on that server and allowing transfers off could be a bad idea.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-may-18-2022.282966/

2. Captain Video Augur

Which is why I said above that they've changed it in the last 24 hours, when the CM made that new post.

All of this was discussed months ago, initiated by me, when they first announced the pending mergers. I predicted there might be a last-minute rush to roll some Heroics on Miragul just prior to merge. IN THEORY, Miragul became a Live server a couple of months ago and the ability to roll a free Heroic there was turned off. I haven't been monitoring this, it's not my job, and I'm actually busy playing the game elsewhere. I would be disappointed but not entirely surprised if it turns out they screwed this up.

They've known all along, since the day Miragul launched, that these characters would have to go somewhere eventually. It doesn't make much sense to me how they think it's perfectly OK to dump a surplus of level 85s into the Vox economy, but we can't have that happen on any other Live server. It's not like these 85s are anywhere close to current level cap either.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Our family created I think 1 heroic per account over there and deleted corresponding heroics that became redundant to reroll them on another server when Trak and Vox merged.

We raided on Stromm, then Luclin-Stromm and played as a family on Trakanon for years and have 2 guild tags there and palatial guild halls. Trak was our home forever. It had an established free transfers off system that was in place for almost a decade.Then it got dumped into Vox, where we also have characters, but they took away the free transfers that...

>preexisted< for like a decade.

. Now they're dumping Miragul into the mix, but trying to extort more transfer sales. Like hey, thanks for supporting our server more than we even did, now we'll make you pay to leave. (again)

Meanwhile, at the merge, where a host of level 85 heroics hit VOX, it will be vastly superior to KEEP the heroics ON vox as that's where the 85-live action will be.

But only if we have room for the heroics.

and don't have to pay to transfer level 40 somethings with 20 years of assets attached to the accounts left behind when the 90+ ones had to pay to move already.

There is literally no reason Everquest has to do this without letting Trak /Vox players make room as they need.

None.

Other than soaking loyal players for transfer bux. (again)
  4. Captain Video Augur

My main on Vox started on Trak as well. I understand the sentiment. It's not good business practice, but it's how they're rolling lately, and I don't see this as an argument players can win. I have 14 slots, and I've made a few choices about who I keep and who will gloriously retire. It would be easier if some of mine were 40s, but in my case everything is 85+. I won't pay any transfer fees, it's not really in my budget anyway. Two annual subs is my limit.

I thought momentarily we had been given a miracle solution when they announced free transfers off Miragul prior to merge, but they've stealth-ninja retracted that offer, something which annoys me even more. It is what it is.
    Yinla, Barton, Hobitses and 1 other person like this.
  5. Kardinal Lorekeeper

6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I don't care either way, but I am annoyed that they say one thing, then change their mind and do something else a day later, then refuse to comment on it. Just a general complaint, it annoys me. Just man up and say, "we decided we didn't want to let people put tons of heroic characters on other servers for free".
    Mykaylla, Yinla and Barton like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The problem is they keep merging TLP servers into Vox. There are a number of TLP players who create chars on every TLP server that is released, the more servers they merge into Vox the more players will hit the max char limit. Most of this can be avoided by free transfers off before the merge.

Players coming from Miragul have no choice but to go to Vox unless they pay for a transfer, Trak chars were dumped there after the server died and many are now finding their Miragul chars will be blocked by chars from other TLP servers dumped on Vox.

Being able to select which chars are available to play by level rather than alpha might help the situation, but that may block baz mules.
    Stymie and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My Miragul chars will now just sit on Vox and rot, I'm not paying to move them to them to AB and Vox doesn't suit without a Euro guild.
    Joules_Bianchi and Barton like this.
  9. Kardinal Lorekeeper

I just wish I actually could move my chars off Phinigel to avoid them ending up on Vox, but servertransfer doesn't seem to work (was supposed to work starting on the 18th).
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  10. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

We were at full capacity of characters per account on Trakanon, had characters on Vox at the merge. They keep dumping one failed server after another onto it and on;y screwing the people who played on those servers still.

They're punishing people who didn't already pay to transfer off servers they let die by jamming their accounts with more and more characters.

Merge them to servers that haven't already BEEN the target of merges, or create a new dump server, open at live where players can relocate withut so much extrosion.

ayyy, that's a nice toon you got there, shame if something "happened" to it, eh? Pay us and we won't bury it on a server where you have characters already!
  11. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

They're apparently desperate for the forced transfer bux.

If only there was a way to convince them that only playable characters buy mounts, especially on a NEW server.

/sigh

Odd, I only replied once.
  12. Raccoo Augur

One option, if nothing else, you could free transfer unused characters to Zek (unless you have that server loaded full of characters already).

I think most/all of the Live servers have had other servers merged into them already.
  13. Mykaylla Augur

It became a live server about four months ago, and the ability to start at 85 was indeed turned off. Most of us transferred our mains off about a month later and merged with another guild, when transfers opened up.

Unfortunately, alts are going to have to be abandoned, since the update that they would not give us any free transfers off. Even though the number of alts will be lower than normal due to being a truebox server, we still have them, and it's cost-prohibitive or time-prohibitive (pick one) to buy transfer tokens for them.
  14. Kardinal Lorekeeper

Still can not transfer OFF Phinigel.

According to this post on the official forums https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ll-be-merged-with-vox-on-june-15-2022.282985/ under the "Frequently Asked Questions" header "Free transfers off of Phinigel will be allowed starting on May 18, 2022 and will continue to be active until the merge is complete. Use the /servertransfer command if you would like to go to a different server (or go to Vox early)."

Nope. Doesn't work.
  15. Mykaylla Augur

You should petition. We had multiple people on Miragul who played on Phinigel first, and they've transferred their Phinny characters to EMarr.