What counts as "true box"?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hythos, May 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hythos Augur

"One account per physical computer".

What about per VM (on ProxMox, HyperV, HyperVisor, etc)?
    What about blade-servers?
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

TLP server forums would be a better place to ask this, as live servers do not have truebox.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

You answered your own question with your first sentence and then muddied it with the follow-up.

If you run one EQ instance on one physical computer then that is, "One account per physical computer".
    If you run more than one EQ instance on one physical computer then that is. "Running more than one account per physical computer".
    If you run one EQ instance on the host of a physical computer and another EQ instance in a VM on that same physical computer then you are "Running more than one account per physical computer".

/It isn't rocket surgery.
    If there was a rule that you could only have one carton of milk in an appliance at a time that doesn't mean you can skirt that by putting one in the freezer to go along with the one that was in the refrigerator.
    Maedhros and Zanarnar like this.
  4. Arkanny Augur

for me the concept of true box is one account/client per human being. wich is how the whole game was designed around.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Holding to this definition will result in deep and personal confusion.

Hythos, your question about blade serves is tough to answer. I imagine any reasonable definition beyond "an entire rack is one computer" would result in being able to generate configurations with generous number of allowable boxes. If you put one together let me know.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.