On what time the TLPs open ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abootius, May 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ponter Elder

Doesn't do much good when the ship's overall schedule still revolves around local time though. It would have conceivably alleviated issues with that particular watch turnover, but would have thrown all the other schedules into mass disarray.
  2. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

I guess I just dont understand why maritime operations would schedule based off of local time instead of zulu time though. Numerous other ops are all based on Z time because its critical not to have any mismatches.
  3. Ponter Elder

Some operations do use zulu if you're coordinating between time zones, but sunrise and sunset dictate a lot of activities on a ship so if your operations only have to do with local time, it's not a problem. Having sunrise at 6am one day and midnight a week later because you've sailed 2000 miles isn't intuitive. If your watch logs need an 0600 reveille entry every day, you need to adjust 0600 to actually be when people wake up, not what time it is half way around the world. Or if you need to check something at the same time each day because that's when temperatures are at their highest or lowest point, you use local time. In any case I just meant it as a silly aside, but I think we've strayed pretty far off topic.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  4. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.