What class will be over powered on vaniki?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smak, May 22, 2022.

1. Magician9001 Augur

Monks will be terrible at the start. Epic scales off weapon skill, Monk epic will be hot garbage and it will be awhile before people get access to weapons better then epics. With the unlock speed gonna be hard to get BiS weapons especially if you DW. Zerkers are the clear strongest Melee DPS on the server.
  2. Magician9001 Augur

Most Terrors are above level 40. Cease/Desist are below level 15. Stun will also land on mobs 25 levels above cap at 40. Paladins are gonna be the best tanks until at the cap is at least 55.
    Omani likes this.
  3. mark Augur

Just play a Druid and 5 mages.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

In my experience on Live zerkers were the strongest DPS in era from OoW to PoR (you could not parse Necromancer damage back then unless you were a Necromancer parsing your own).

On TLP in GoD-OoW Monks left Zerkers in the dust by a wide margin - I have a feeling Monks will be the strongest DPS period up until TSS or soon after it where Necromancers will take over #1 slot & hold it all the way to live, unless Necromancers are balanced down some in the meantime, Monk OP'ness lasted pretty much all the way to RoF and after that they fell behind Rogue & Zerker.
  5. Magician9001 Augur

Why? they're not gonna have Dforce, Discs or good weapons.

Zerkers get a crazy strong 1.0 which will be doable at level 40 and better then anything people are gonna be able to get until 55.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

innerflame AA changes made Monks gods on TLP, even after they reduced it some & that 1.0 is not gonna be the best weapon for very long at all.
  7. NoseMiners New Member

since i didnt do any research on how melee will do 10 lvls below im doing a stun lock 6 box lvl 65 stuns at lvl 40 seems good to me. pal 3wiz enc clr. maybe 2 wiz 2 enc if im feeling spicy but 3 wiz is one more frog. will be alot of mounts to buy.
  8. Magician9001 Augur

Ever pure melee class gets the same AA it didn't help monks relative to zerkers or rogues. Monks don't get Dforce till 65 unlock. Monks don't get any good DPS discs till 60 unlock. Rogues get backstab disc at 20 and hit chance disc at 55 unlock. Zerkers get War Cry at 30 and Hit and crit discs at 55. Monks are gonna be trash on Vaniki.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well I can tell you, you are wrong about something here cuz Monks were doing spectacular dps versus everyone else in GoD/OoW & for a good while after, I know this because I saw it on Phinigel.
    Monks benefit from the AA changes more than any other melee and Rogues benefit the least.

I do not know exactly why that happens to be the case, likely something to do with their dual wielding skill and their faster weapon delays perhaps and Rogues relying more on backstab damage for their dps.
  10. Triconix Augur

11. Thez69 Elder

melee dps will be op

casters nice for day 1 lvling up

melee will crush casters soon, they already do on normie tlps

here where they have access to weps 5-10 lvls higher and casters still using the same spells, forget about it
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. Elabone Augur

13. Triconix Augur

So max ranks of 90%, 100%, 105% are identical? And going back starting at 70 they range from 32% to 35%. TIL all different percentages are actually all the same.

But let's face it, the reason why monks benefit so much early on is because their primary burns are essentially doubling up the amount of hits they make (speed focus + focused destruction). More hits = more benefit for an innate dps boost. Rogue's primary burn is what, Frenzied Stabbing in OOW era? That's only backstabs. They'll be swinging at the same rate as before burns.
  14. Branntick Augur

Number of hits shouldn't matter on a % based damage increase. On a flat damage increase it matters, which is the reason Efreeti Standards were used for one of Ranger's AA burns.

There are a few factors that play in to why Monks are busted.
    1. Highest ratio weapons in the game pretty much forever.
    2. Speed Focus is the best burn disc in the game for a long time and scales perfectly linearly with weapon ratios.
    3. Destructive Force scales perfectly linearly with Speed Focus, which is already insane on its own.
    Monks are just the result of absurd linear stacking that doesn't stop until other classes receive so much stuff that the tables turn and Monks become a useless class.
  15. Elabone Augur

Im not sure what you think you linked, but the AA for monks you actually linked and the AA for rogues i linked are identical from the first rank to the last.
  16. Blackaxe New Member

Anyway, now that we see that you can charm a mob 20 levels higher than you, the answer is Enchanters.
  17. Gnomie Denser than most

I went to Natimbi on a level 18 magician and was able to fully land spells on a level 57 mob without a single resist. He immediately killed my pet and smashed my face, but testing was successful. Caster nukes will be limited by level, but overall the lack of significant resists makes casters pretty sweet.
    Lineater likes this.
  18. Lineater Augur

Thank you for your service sir.
  19. Tropi Elder

not that this is keeping in the orginal idea of this post but pallies get Cease, Desist, and Stun all before lvl 40 with GOD unlocked.
  20. Tropi Elder

how about a charm?