Useless and irrelevant stats

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, May 22, 2022.

1. Cicelee Augur

Heroic Charisma
    Spell Resistances

I am especially sad about spell resistance. Back in the day, you brought your blue diamond resist gear for raids like Nagafen. Now with everything unresistable and modified by spell shielding, resists mean nothing.

What other numbers are utterly useless, and what can we do to make them relevant?
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Iven the Lunatic

No others. Thread can be closed.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I feel like you're only hating on heroic charisma because you don't have enough so are ugly.

If you have enough heroic charisma the mobs won't even hit you.
    They have feelings too, and don't want to break something that beautiful.
    Jennre and Nennius like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think non-heroic stats in general are trivially maxed at high levels. Does that count?

You could also argue that item-weight is an obsolete stat, when everyone has plenty of 100% weight-reduction bags.

And all those tribute effects that scales up to max level, but doesn't stack with common worn focus-effects(do they work when you are shrouded or something?).
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

They're all useless if you level to 120 in the guild lobby and get your gear via taskadds.

IMO, they could fix heroic charisma easy, just have each 400 give you an extra like on every forum post.
    I don't want them to "fix" spell resist, Absor will give every trash mob in TOL 2.0 an annoying spam spell to land on the pullers/tanks, maybe even an aoe, the less often it lands the more irritating it will be. Probably not fixable with radiant etc, just like the "fixed" druid aoe ro.

You hit that breakpoint pretty early, clearly you've never moved past that into the insane jealous rage inducing levels of charisma. I feel sorry for your bathroom mirror that it must honestly portray such a tragic lack.

I was just wondering how much of the empowered campfire stacked with anything at all. Looks ridiculously good but I'm pretty sure stacks with next to nothing.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

skill damage mods such as kick
  7. Highwizard Augur

Spell damage stat as it is not added to base damage.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Remove pet focus from earrings/other old gear; instead calculate pet focus level from total hCHA.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats a terrible idea.
  10. Tadenea Augur

think hCha affects the most is whether a mob will agro on you if they resist harmony/lull
    and I think effects Begging skill also whether they agro on you or not (yes if you beg enough they will sometimes attack you)