Flesh to Poison and Heretic's Twincast

Discussion in 'Casters' started by sk8jack, May 22, 2022.

1. sk8jack Journeyman

Not sure if this is a bug as I haven't really noticed this before until today.
    So when I have Flesh to Poison buff on my necro, it will actually consume the Heretic's Twincast charge when Flesh to Poison DD procs.
    Rather than only consuming just one Heretic's Twincast charge, if I have Flesh to Poison up, each cast of my DoT spell will consume up to 2 or even 3 charges of Heretic's Twincast.
    One charge from the DoT, one from Flesh to Poison DD, and possibly one from my spell aug's DD proc.
    Did some testing earlier, without having Flesh to Poison, each cast of my DoT spell will only consume one charge of Heretic's Twincast even if my spell aug's DD procs.
    So looks like its not optimal to have Flesh to Poison up when you have Heretic's Twincast going.
    bobokatt likes this.
  2. bobokatt Augur

To be honest I do not know if something changed. Anyhow, you are 100% correct. With Flesh to Poison, the twincast charges disapear in NO TIME. I've been doing some more testing these last few days as I too noted this. My Heretic would drop in mere seconds and I never seem to remember that it dropped that fast with Flesh to Poison running. Considering how little DPS it adds, it's a total waste of Heretic. I am not sure if it's the min mana cost. I am trying to look it up on Raidloot or Lucy but I do not see the changes they made in the recent patch where they made it work up to level 120. So I cannot see if anything changed with that that would affect the counters of Heretic. I believe there were similar issues with our COMBO DOT that would use up multiple charges as well. There was a post on that but I cannot seem to find it now.
  3. bobokatt Augur

Found it!
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/heretics-twincast.261578/#post-3851342

and here is the part you want to read:

Necro Heretic's Twincast AA needs:
    • Increase the min mana cost on slot 3.
    'Limit Min Mana Cost: 10' to 'Limit Min Mana Cost: 100'
    This will prevent weak countered procs, such as Flesh to Poison and Flesh to Venom, from consuming counters.
    • Add Twincast Blocker to several spells.
    Swarm Pets:
    [22528], [22529], [22530], Level 85 'Call Skeleton Swarm'
    [26477], [26478], [26479], Level 90 'Call Skeleton Crush'
    [29604], [29605], [29606], Level 95 'Call Skeleton Host'
    [35649], [35650], [35651], Level 100 'Call Skeleton Throng'
    [44478], [44479], [44480], Level 105 'Call Skeleton Mob'
    [56672], [56673], [56674], Level 110 'Call Skeleton Army'
    [59973], [59974], [59975], Level 115 'Call Skeleton Horde'
    Combo DoT Trigger Spells:
    [49219], Level 104 'Ilsaria's Swift Decay'
    [58145], Level 110 'Mourgis' Swift Decay'
    These spells have a trigger spell that does 1 point of damage, and therefore qualifies as a twincastable spell. Heretic's Twincast counters are wasted on these spells entirely. Swarm pets are not twincastable. Combo DoTs get twincast twice with no benefit beyond the first twincast, plus the trigger spell consumes a counter.
    Please hit like on the original post to get these changes implemented. We need more likes.