What class will be over powered on vaniki?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Smak, May 22, 2022.

1. Smak Augur

What class do you think will be the most overpowered on vaniki?

I am thinking a class that can cast fear, since fear should land on level 65 npcs.

I am thinking either enchanter or sk, depends on what gear you can get for sk i guess...
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I know paladins will be awful (at first), as almost everything good they get for the class is after level 40.
  3. Smak Augur

But i think spells are supposed to be adjusted 10 levels higher on vaniki. Gear that is required 51 becomes recommended 51 and so on. I would not be suprised if you couldnt scribe spells ten levels above your current level.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That's not how it works. Spells that have caps are having the caps increased, you don't get to mem spells higher than your level.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-vaniki-server-faq

Its at least a novel rule set. I'm marginally interested it getting one character to 60 (once the cap goes to 60) for the illusion for my main on Xegony, but as someone that exclusively plays paladins in this game, sounds pretty awful.
  5. Smak Augur

It does state that items with click effects will have the required level to click the spells reduced by 10. So while you may not be able to cast a spell per level requirement if you find an item with the effect you can click it. This may also mean that ssoy could proc at level 27 vs level 37.

At 37 a chanter can charm nagafen or vox... using cajoling whispers...
  6. NImxat Elder

I didn't think Nagafen or Vox could be charmed.
  7. Shakara Augur

Paladin going to be the best tank for like the first 2 months. This server looks really good for paladin cause you gonna skip a lot of the time where they struggle.
    Tropi likes this.
  8. Thewiz Augur

Necromancer.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Nope.

Warriors will get fearless, resistant disciplines, SK and paladin will not.

Warriors will get provoke.

Paladins will get one stun that actually stuns (Stun).

Both SK and paladin will get low mana aggro spells since cease and desist will exist from the start, but that's it.

SK and paladin will be missing tools they need to tank well in the "step up" raid/group content (stuff meant for level 50, 60, 65). Warriors too.

Pets are going to be the preferred tank the way this server is headed, particularly when you manage to zerg a raid event to get some mages some pet buff items that they can now wear at 40 due to relaxed level requirements (assuming any usable at 40).

Going to be zerg and caster fest until level 50 opens up at minimum.
    Appren likes this.
  10. Shakara Augur

Stuns are much better aggro than provoke and those disciplines listed are pretty useless.
    Paladins will have access to the DA hammer for ramp tanking off the bat which is going to be really nice seeing how ramp is gonna suck at lvl 40. Your stuns will land on things 10+ lvls up so you will mitigate a ton of damage compared to other tanks. Wars are just going to be in a sorry state till 55 and SKs don't get anything great that paladins don't.
  11. ISupportGuilds Journeyman

If you can get velious cleric legs at 40 then they will be the most op class for a while.
  12. Aenoan Augur

With gates Knights are gonna be really nice. I am putting my vote in Paladin. Either way as long as you have your fearless aa and DA hammer its GG
  13. Muramx Augur

Mages, Necros and Chanters will be king, tanks will be at a severe disadvantage. I see mages with a pet focus being in demand.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Q: Are there any changes to how or at what level Alternate Abilities are acquired?
    A: No. Alternate abilities will be acquired as normal.

How are you going to be fearless at level 40?
  15. Zansobar Augur

Charm is going to be OP due to the level caps being raised and the resists due to levels being relaxed by 10 levels.
    Tucoh likes this.
  16. Omani Journeyman

Only tank that will be able to hold agro on vaniki raids will be paladin's. Maybe later 60+ sk's and warriors will be able to keep up. Having cease and desist 1-40 is a game changer. With these spells i think paladins will be the only tank class that can hold agro from the casters.
  17. Aenoan Augur

I am referring to afterwards. I might add they'll gain access to a few more spells that wouldn't be otherwise accessible which changes how they work out overall.

Instrument of Nife
    Desist
    Cease
    Salve
    Divine Vigor

Extremely minor in the grant scheme but still really nice buffs. And regardless fearless is like a lv 59 aa and start working towards that as soon as 55 when doing fear resistance aa.
  18. Trevor Elder

all melee >> casters

probably monks will be #1
  19. Aenoan Augur

Most tanks will be able to hold agro as with Luclin+ you start to gain more "low level spells"
  20. Tucoh Augur

The changes to spell resistance, on paper, feel like they will make charm ridiculous.

So what is

going to do to a level 56 mob? I have to imagine it won't be as OP as it looks.