dont invite single players to boxing groups.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 19, 2022.

1. MMORPG New Member

No box in any of the TLPs (I've played them all) ever did a thing to help me like that. That just is not reality. Most of them I do not like In my pug groups as they try to roll on their loot like they are more than one person. They tend to be more toxic than solo players. (not talking about the casual with 2 boxes)

I am 100% with your choice and wish every boxer and solo player made the same choice.

Your threat is empty
  2. Stymie Pendragon

I like the 3rd bullet point in this link. I read multiple message boards on a daily basis, and it appears to be pretty accurate (if not on the low side). ;)
    Chikkin and Skuz like this.
  3. Vlahkmaak Augur

Single players always welcome with my team - as long as they understand that if I run for the nearest wall, I have encountered wife aggro and am attempting to clear it. Random shammy buffs for toons I run past too.
  4. Ecko Elder

People just wanna play the game dude :p
  5. Haak Augur

Mark is going to be really disappointed when this declaration makes literally no difference post-launch.
  6. mark Augur

mark will totally forget about the forums when the tlps go live.
  7. mark Augur

i should name my 6 charecters mark,skuz,haak,arcylte,fun and morepizza.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm really not as attached to Character names as most are so please go ahead I have no exclusive rights to it.
  9. Haak Augur

God yes. You have my blessing to snag the name. Just keep us updated about your adventures so I can revel in whatever Haak is up to.
    Skuz and Chikkin like this.
  10. Shakara Augur

Its forum threads like this that tell me DPG is actually making progress on the excessive boxing/botting issues.
  11. Mescar Lorekeeper

The problem is, the way the game is built, you continue to have to have a group to do things. But you have your single toon player that play till it gets harder to do thing solo and quit for the next TLP. Recyclers. Which does leave the people who want to continue to play no choice but to box. But the way you want it, everyone plays 1 toon til you leave. Then the people wanting to stay have to level up new toons? This is why people like to box from the beginning. That way when the recyclers do leave, they already have a crew in the wings geared up and ready to go. You state you hate boxers but yet you help create boxers. P99 is easy not to box on coz what you need help on everyone else on the server is doing at the same time. This is not the case on TLPs. There is a shortened span between expansions. People have things they want to do in each expansion. They are not going to wait around to form up a group and get everyone there. Work your way to camp in order for someone who has to leave or the group just doesn't work well together. So they box to get what they want in the time frame they want it in.

Bottom line solo players hate boxers, but yet are the reason that they do. Boxers sometime tend to overlook the solo player because all your focus is trying to corral your 6/12/34/74 team of pixels. If both sides would learn to live together on a server, both sytles of play could actually continue to co exist. But only if toxic behavor is left on log in. If people treat other in real life like they do in these games, the world would be worse then it is now. Why make these games worse then real life? It is a game. It is for fun. It is here to relax.
  12. Chikkin Augur

Wow! That can't be true!

Edit: By the way, I didn't know "Mark posts" were a thing. My ForumQuest cred just took a hit. I'm not reading enough posts!
    Stymie likes this.
  13. Smak Augur

Im going to 4000 box and be the only player on your server.

I know how to fix this all, let boxers box but flag them as boxers by making their names a different color and making them unable to group with or buff or be buffed by other players in the way pvp is seperate from non pvp.

Then devs have option of making a seperate instance of every zone just for boxers. Be funny if boxers couldnt use pickzones and were all stuck boxing together while everyone else went about forming groups and zones to pick from...
  14. MileyVyrus Elder

best troll in the whole thread.
  15. mark Augur

Smak if they did that eq would close because of all the people that box on tlps and live and the single player servers would be dead.
  16. mark Augur

all 6 pc are ready to go,12 boxes would have been more fun .
  17. Haak Augur

s

You should show them what they're missing out on. Complaining won't move the meter, but speaking with your dollar might. Buy all four bag offers for all six accounts, and add a few hundred in daybreak coins to each as well. Then take a screenshot of the receipts, and post them in this thread. When they see all that money you spent, and think "wait, we could have had twice that amount!?" then you'll really let them know what they're missing out on.

You need the receipts though. You can't just say you did it, or talk about how you would if they had allowed boxing. Talk is cheap, you need action.
    Stymie likes this.
  18. Chikkin Augur

Show them the money Mark!

haha @Haak

Stymie and Skuz like this.
  19. mark Augur

Haak are you a second hand car dealerI have 6 characters where I can put stuff in their bags,
  20. Haak Augur

You need to make a statement brother. The only way that's going to happen is teasing them with a fat wallet so they know what they're missing out on by losing your other six accounts. You want to be the difference maker, then you need to start dropping bills.
    Stymie, jeskola and Skuz like this.