Necro Opinions OoW

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Narri, May 19, 2022.

1. Narri New Member

I'm looking for a caster class to play coming into Omens. I'm mostly curious about the effectiveness of Necros with the mob scaling going into Omens. Curious in all content, raids, groups etc. I have less interest in wizards and mages, but if they'll fair better then it is what it is. I would imagine a necro has less of a resist issue than the others, but I've not played one in Omens for quite a long time.

TIA for the opinions and info :)
  2. Ythera Augur

Omens is an annoying time to raid as caster dps because the bosses have very strong resists.
  3. Vudoman New Member

I raided necros well past OoW and you will be decent in raids but will always be able to solo, almost everything...

Groups will be tough to come because your not quick dps but your sustainability is awesome.

Get into a raiding guild and get your epic 2.5 and gear up, you won't need groups and there are plenty of ways to be useful in groups but most will take other classes over a necro.
  4. Ishbu Augur

Group content in Omens is very easy for the most part. Coming out of GoD, its just not an issue as you level up.

As far as raids go, casters suck, are mostly useless, and would always be better to be substituted for an an afk auto attacking monk or zerker. This is just reality.

I main a caster, I worked my off in raids, it doesnt matter, in OOW, casters are complete trash in raids compared to most other classes.