Moving Around Terror of Luclin Now Much Harder - Intended?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, May 18, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wizzys might start being played again if their DPS was fixed :p

Which reminds me need to look at druid ports to SV...is she big enough yet to do it!
  2. Sprooce Lorekeeper

I'm curious what they meant about this in the patch notes this week:

"The Shades of Luclin have had their ability to see through invisibility reduced in cases where the change to undead body types created unintentionally hostile environments."

I thought maybe that meant the run from the druid port in SV to BoA would be safe again with regular invis but nope, it's not. So then I figured they meant the routing through BoA would be safe again for the no kill partisans but nope, not there either. So where did they make changes for the better?

I wish they'd put it back how it was upon release, I feel the changes have made those ToL zones much less enjoyable.
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, they had made some of the shades see through everything, including SoS and bard invis...meaning it was bascially impossible to get through SV without fighting/mezzing your way through. They changed it so shades are now just normal undead that can't see through ITU or SoS anymore.

Still doesn't make what they did right, though it's a little less painful now. Honestly, they should have just waited until the next expansion to screw around with body types and leave everything in game NOW as it is (was). Make changes going forward...there was no reason to retroactively F up the whole game.
    Metanis, Sprooce and Evilness like this.
  4. Wulfhere Augur

I am one of those Beta testers. My question was about being consistent with original SoL bestiary.

In SoL, Maiden's Eye is a paladin's hunting ground with several undead: coterie, drudges, vampyre bats, and last but not least akhevan shades (Xi Vius, Xi Xaui). In ToL, none of the shades were undead in beta and I thought that was wrong and posted.

Now it's true that Vex Thal shades were not undead (after SoL launch) because of raid balancing, but otherwise they are undead in most zones. Imo shades should be undead even in VT since there are plenty of see-invis mobs and locked doors anyways. It only serves to deprive paladins/clerics/SK/necro of dps during clears (which is sad).

How this applies to ToL mob placement is another question.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Making it move around harder in ToL zones will make so someone wont wanna buy the expansion or they expect that everyone will have a bard as a alt for the OP aa that gives Invis + IVU.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm in the process of leveling a druid to 116 to be able to TL to SV (currently 115). I also keep my chanter logged in now to double invis anyone needing it. :rolleyes: I hate having to drag another char around just to invis. :mad:
  7. uberkingkong Augur

Of course its intended.

Don't you see all the posts about
    ... again

They probably realized EQ was too easy and people just play optimal DPS classes because other classes not needed anymore, hence they do something like this and all sudden those classes that aren't needed anymore become useful. The spell lines that aren't used anymore are useful again. Game is becoming like EQ it was in the beginning again. You know where you have to ask someone for assistance.

Good change, 10/10 well done dev's.
  8. polpoll New Member

So I agree and disagree, have never afk played in my life, been tempted but not worth the risk, but as a necro and ranger, not being able to get into SV because of KV being nuts now seems a little unrealistic for people to be able to get to end game missions. and neither of those classes can double invis.

Yinla likes this.
  9. Thancra Loladin

I would just remove the shades in the last hall in KV just before SV as you can't really avoid them. Everything else is easy to avoid if you don't autorun afk to other zones, seriously...
  10. tUVDALLE New Member

yeah, KV is stupid to run thru now. No reason to have the shades see thru invis along that travel path. Only time i even go into KV is to reach the raid in SV and every time it involves a corpse recovery and rez for half the raid. Just no sense making it that damn difficult.
  11. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Welcome to the new "The Vision" from this batch of current Devs. I want to play EQ, but I refuse to until they start listening to the playerbase on certain things. Hope they start making better design decisions that make sense.