No, the devs do not need to reinvent the wizard..just a small adjustment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Highwizard, May 18, 2022.

1. Highwizard Augur

Wizards do not need a huge boost, the main problem is most wizards cannot raid very well or do not play their class to its absolute limit. Most people that play wizard want to press 4 buttons and parse number 1.

Another issue is some guilds do not realize the potential that wizards have in TOL with the proper adps group. Which is a mage, druid, enchanter and bard. It is not uncommon for me to parse 1.1.2 million dps for an entire raid night.

For wizards that want to parse 1 all the time with 4 buttons, that may seem like a small parse. I propose making frenzied devastation an actual burn or buff our ethereals a bit more, or combination of both.

The rest is up to us to play our class as intended and micro manage your rotation based on your adps situation. These small changes would help people who do not get a good adps group; but do we want to be buffed too much and they just nerf us?

I do not want that, in fact I am more for balancing the "OP" classes, so we all have to fight for top 5 slot rather than boost the wizard and over doing it. For anyone that is interested the wizard is NOT in a bad position this expansion, you just have to play it not press 4 buttons.

Here is a parse from may 8th from T1 and shei this is an average parse for me for entire raid night notice the seconds...I know for you mages and necros this is low but its not bad overall Combined (120): Shei Vinitras in 4412s, 82.86B Damage @18.78M, 2. Highwizard +Pets = 4.28B@988.76K in 4330s {7MMM}
    ChiiChii likes this.
  2. Windance Augur

Two comments:

#1 - Do you have pointers to a wizard write up that you use?

#2 - Your post was pretty hard to read because it was all one run on sentence.
  3. Highwizard Augur

I am sorry I am not a grammar Major, I can understand what I typed sorry not sorry that you cannot.
  4. Highwizard Augur

I have a write up in my discord channel for my guild, I do not have a write up here on these forums. Keep twist, claw, vortex, flash broil, ethereal ignition on cool down. Do not pop frenzied and arcane destruction together and do not pop arcane destruction during auspice or IOG combined with great wolf. You would be wasting 25 counters when your already at max crit chance. I also usually pop frenzied devastation and spire on every start to raid to get as many as possible.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Obviously, you can understand exactly what you meant, but if others can't follow it then it then the impact is mitigated.

Here is your post again, no changes in words, no spelling corrections, everything (sic) except that I added a few returns where it seemed logical.

code-zero, Skuz and kizant like this.
  6. blood & gufts Augur

You do yourself a disfavor, need to put in some spaces for it to be readable
  7. Highwizard Augur

There to make all the grammar trolls happy I split the sentences up for everyone.
  8. kizant Augur

Yep it makes more sense to re-balance the few OP classes then to change everyone else. Sancus had a good summary from the last thread but it got deleted for some reason.
    Kalvenie, ChiiChii and menown like this.
  9. Highwizard Augur

Ahh the master speaks :) I agree 100% I do not think there is any bad classes just bad players
    ChiiChii likes this.
  10. p2aa Augur

Pretty hard to determine the reason, when the first post of the OP was filled with so kinds words towards Devs ! (irony btw for those not understanding second degree).

It's a shame because your parses post and Sancus post were interesting at the end of the thread, but I guess the start was the problem.
    Stymie likes this.
  11. kizant Augur

Well the post was up for a while. I imagine either some fighting started over that first post or some children decided to mass report the thread. I hear that's been working to get things removed lately.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We are not allowed to call for nerfs to other classes.

But they need to do something to balance the classes better.
  13. Highwizard Augur

If I understand you correctly, I did not call for any nerfs I called for "balance." As in all classes have a shot to be great at what they are provided they are played correctly.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any changes to lower the DPS of "overpowered" classes to balance the classes, will be called nerfs by them :)

Other wizzys have been calling for improvements rather than nerfs of others.

Personally I don't care how they level the playing field, it just needs doing. :)
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  15. kizant Augur

The rules also say that if you feel something is overpowered that you can provide constructive feedback. Not everyone knows class abilities in-depth enough to say what may or may not be broken or needs adjustment. So, I think it should be perfectly fine to talk at a high level in terms of class roles and overall contribution and expectations.

Mookus suggesting that wizards shouldn't do a lot less damage than a healer or pet class that has lots of utility and advantages both inside and outside of raids seems like reasonable feedback to me. He just wasn't nice enough about it but the frustration is understandable considering how long class balance issues have existed and particularly for wizards.

Plus not everyone is good at communicating. Like there's no reason to write off Highwizard's feedback simply because they don't get why it's difficult to read long run on sentences. It's up to the devs to work around these problems and not ignore them. Players posting complaints about how others are posting is far worse of a problem that should be moderated.
    Kalvenie, Rexa, Metanis and 4 others like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've not seen Mookus post can you point me in that direction please.

Sounds like it is something I would certainly agree with and needs more likes.

Since MB it has felt like the devs hate wizzys and have totally forgotten that they only do damage with DDs.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wizard is still a relatively simple class to play versus most of the other casters so it should be easier for the players of it to hit their max potential, the idea that there are just a whole lot of bad Wizards around is I think a false narrative.

Wizards need a bump in their potential even if it comes at the cost of some added (possibly even welcome) complexity, fact is they've just been plain ignored too long and while a lot of classes have lacked for class-development Wizards have probably been back of the line for a long time.

Are some nerfs justified, well if one class is pushing out double the damage of anything else and doing so at a very high percentage of players not just a few "elite outliers" I don't think the devs should need any player to yell for nerfs they can see the issue plainly enough themselves.
  18. Baradorn Lorekeeper

If it was a simple class to play, then most wizards would reach their max potential, which is far to be the truth, yes there is a whole lot of bad Wizards around.
    With similar ADPS boost (a bard in the caster and melee group), on most events, Wizards should compete with Rogues and Zerkers. If they are clearly behind, then they are not good.
    DPG needs to boost Wizards based on those who play it at their max potential, not the average wizard.
    Tolzol likes this.
  19. Rolaque Ancient

Seems to me HighWizard did just fine in making his point. Anyone can play their class well, when they use all the tools they have, ... and ... when the raid leader is able to put them in a decent adps group. However, there is always the caveat, consistently use and hone your skills so you are always at your best. Then when adps shows up in your group, it will reflect well on your output.
    Highwizard likes this.
  20. Verily Tjark Augur

Group 4 is the best group. HW knows this...
    Highwizard likes this.