Ogre Stun Immunity

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnomie, May 14, 2022.

1. Vlahkmaak Augur

I always play troll, I like the regen, and stun has never been an issue. Stun is negligible imo and a minor inconvenience at best early game. It adds flavor.

Also, I prefer human Bertox necros from Qeynos to Iksar.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Gremin Augur

I always play an Ogre until pop then race change to Gnome. Why? Because of the high strength for smithing, after pop racials are irrelevant imo.
  3. Korea numbah3 Elder

Why would they do that? It would just make them sell less race change potions when the AA comes in.
  4. Herf Augur

Ogres are also great because in the old models they have the butt scratching idle animation.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  5. Ponter Elder

Butt scratch is OP. Remove the butt scratch...
  6. FranktheBank Augur

While FSI is stronger than any other racial... it literally doesnt matter. A mediocre ogre warrior vs a good [any other race] warrior... the good warrior is still going to be better.
    Chikkin and Aenoan like this.
  7. Chikkin Augur

I often forget people use the new models :(
  8. Aenoan Augur

Nurf ogres and buff sk pets to be on par with mages!
  9. code-zero Augur

Originally a variety of traits were crafted to offset min/maxing. IIRC Rogues and Warriors got a bonus for XP with SK's getting a penalty for example.

Over time most meaningful penalties and bonuses were removed from the game. Some things disappear in relevance all on their own. Iksar AC bonus is apparent on a naked low level Iksar but the difference can't be parsed once you get levels, AA's and gear

Except the Ogre frontal melee stun immunity.

I suspect that the devs, who can see numbers that we can't, don't really see it as any sort of bonus but it does hang on as something some player believe is absolutely essential
  10. Magician9001 Augur

Never meet a good warrior who wasn't an Ogre.
  11. code-zero Augur

So you don't actually play then?

There's only one Ogre warrior in the top 10 on Magelo and that's at #5. The 3 flavors of elves who can be warrior are all there. In fairness to Ogre's you get to #10 before you find an Iksar, the rest are Barbarians or Human
    Triconix and Chikkin like this.
  12. Branntick Augur

Anecdotally, some of the best Warriors I've played with have been Iksar.

Not much of a coincidence considering it's the gigachad race.
    Ponter and code-zero like this.
  13. Ponter Elder

If you *can* play an iksar, you *should* play an iksar.
  14. Triconix Augur

I find people who play ogre warriors are compensating
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Wordor Journeyman

Make a warrior only lvl 50 tome that grants stun immunity. Make it cost 2-3kr worth of classic era plat. This way you can play the race you want for the first year, and you still have to deal with the BS leveling up. And the high cost gives incentive to just roll ogre from the start
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For what?
    Lack of a big belly? Mine's more barrel than six pack
    Lack of height? I'm 6 foot 2, taller than most people I meet

I could sure use some RL stun immunity though :D
  17. Herf Augur

Boys have 6 packs. Men have kegs :)
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Midnitewolf Augur

Actually I don't know if many remember this but the reason why the Iksar got the AC bonus was because originally they couldn't wear plate armor. As someone who played an Iksar SK during Kunark, that limitation sucked horribly. None of the signature SK armor was wearable as an Iksar SK.
    Herf likes this.
  19. Chikkin Augur

and more importantly, Iksars Looked ugly with Plate armor! Especially back in the era of EQ when there was no armor dye, and what you wore, was quite the fashion statement of both your good taste in clothing, and your level of armor suit completion.
  20. Vudoman New Member

Remember when SKs we're shun for the xp drain on a group...

XP has been largely flattened, most racials are not game breaking though frontal stun immunity is not insignificant; however it is also not game breaking.

Bring back all the racial penalties imo ... I'm an old school EQ player and would still go Ogre or DE SK ...

The start of this thread is proof we have not killed all the good idea fairies yet ...
    Chikkin likes this.