Epic Quests incoming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 14, 2022.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It is comical. It's a well-established fact. I could care less if you like or dislike what I have to say, I'm going to say it anyway. Advocating for new epics right now is folly. Advocating against boxers is folly.

And for an "EverQuest absolutist" it is comical, indeed, how you both deride dissenting comments and also reply to them.
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

But, you care enough to continue trying to tell me how things are gonna be like it is going to change anything. It is a well-established fact that this is a forum to exchange ideas. The correct phrasing is "I cannot care any less" if you want to sound clever. I'm gonna say it anyway as well, I want to see epics brought back into the game and having a no-box server is not folly.

You started it.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You guys are just arguing semantics and it would be great if you didn't.

About new epics: Prathun (I think), years ago, said it would take over an entire expansion cycle for them to add new epic quests for all the classes. It would be great if they could. It just does not look very likely.
  4. Celephane Augur

Not at all. Explain to me how YOU expect this to work, please.
  5. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Yep, these forum slum lords are trying their absolute best and failing. Whether they are going to or not is not part of the equation here. It's just talking points for now.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Kool.
  7. Chikkin Augur

I wonder if there is some way they could do epics in chunks, like the way they basically do their expansions now.

But of course, then becomes outrage about who's first, who's last, who the devs care about more, or what class they play, or how by the time the last ones come out, the first ones will be outdated, etc etc etc.
    Protius likes this.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

Oh stop it, your making me feel bad LOL. I get people I dont know from Adam, coming up to me in game and telling me how much they enjoy my comments on the forum and to keep it up. Ill be sure and tell them you disapprove!

SO!
    Chikkin likes this.
  9. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

See? Now we're getting somewhere more constructive. At this point there is outrage at other players interested in epics so everyone is gonna be whining about something just to whine. Epic weapons can happen and some sweet suggestions have already bee slipped into this thread.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Pointing out that the devs have said repeatedly in the past is a massive amount of work for them and would result in a loss of other content is acting like they won't do anything? Why do you think that they can keep doing all sorts of new things without having to stop doing other things?
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The quests they make now are pretty much wasted effort. It would be much better and compelling to reach back into class fantasy and add interesting lore, tasks, and items.
    Protius likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And those quests won't take a dev or two an entire expansion to do limiting the amount of content in the expansion. Making epic quests for 16 classes along with all the items for it isn't quick work.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

14. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

More than half the quests are just straight mercenary kill tasks and none of them are worth repeating. At least do something interesting with classes.
    Protius likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not saying that we shouldn't be getting better quests, just that epic quests take a lot of developer time and effort.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The alternative is continual low effort, throwaway quests.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No, that isn't remotely true. There are a lot of alternatives between what we currently have and full blown epic quests that take a significant amount of dev time and cost us other content.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

False.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are saying that they can't do any type of quest besides what they have now or epic quests?
  20. Chikkin Augur

oh come now, don't be bashful! lol