Epic Quests incoming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Neither should you.
  2. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Sure you didn't. Nobody is complaining except for you. I simply made an observation. Calm down, bro.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Someone can't counter a broad claim you make? You seem okay with speaking for others.

You keep making remarks about the number of posts I have on the forums if you don't have any issue why do you keep making references to it?
  4. Leerah Augur

This: In order to be desirable, it would require a raid force to acquire.

A better idea would be an item that could be used for years, evolving with its owner's play time.
    Chikkin, Protius and Nennius like this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would think what they have done in the past with class specific weapons that could be obtained via group/raid drops and tradeskills would be a good place to start. Could introduce new ones each expansion as well and give them the ability to evolve as player progress through the expansion. I don't see a need to make a big complicated quest around these items or call them epics. Just something simple as a way to provide something unique to each class.

Another problem around epics that has not really been addressed is the fact that epic balancing is really horrible and some epics are not worth using anymore and others will maintain their power (or even be said to grow in power) over time due to what each epic does.
    Ozon likes this.
  6. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Another great idea brought to the table.
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Chikkin Augur

Nice Find!

Exciting Thread!
    Protius likes this.
  8. Chikkin Augur

I'm only on page 1, but I think you won this thread already.
    Protius likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10. Dre. Altoholic

Chikkin likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

New gear slot item
    Item is improved by completing quests tied to your racial heritage
    Quests from the expansion it releases with and later ones, item stays with you

Think of it as improving in similar fashion as the Rallos Zek Earring but with less of the mob grind & tradeskill involvement & more upon completion of racial lore quests in it's own unique chain.
    Dre., Chikkin and Protius like this.
  12. Celephane Augur

So you're asking for a best in slot quest item, not tied behind any raid content, because that's too hard? All the effort put into the 16 quests is just easily done by everyone with a few friends making it not really special at all. I see. Free stuff everyone, that's neat.
  13. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Nope. That is your condescending, short-sighted interpretation. That's neat.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not saying it will never happen, but it's not going to happen any time soon.
  15. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Not saying it's not constructive... but, it's not constructive.

So many of you behave like it will take an act of slaughtering a goat to get this game company to do anything. Perhaps, it is because the few of you naysayers don't really want to see epic *weapon* #3 and #4 and must try to discourage others who propose a constructive conversation about new epic weapon sets. I don't get it, honestly. You're not helping anyone with that kind of response and it as if you take pleasure in putting off a petulant aura. It also seems like a lot of you feel a sense of self aggrandizement is speaking on behalf of all of Everquest.

It's a forum about a fossil of a game and a red-headed bastard child at that being that it has been put under the care of so many "parents".
    Stymie likes this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You said it...Just stop. Get some help.
    Flatchy likes this.
  17. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I hope any new 'epic' type items have special aug slots so they can be upgraded from current group/raid currency vendor augs or such for several years.
    Protius likes this.
  18. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Gotta call it like I see it. You should heed your own demands.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I got some help. Try it.

What you're advocating has been advocated for since Epic 2.0 were introduced in Sept 2004. You act like you're some genius that suddenly happened upon this idea of Epic 3.0. Motived by the notion that if you can just convince enough players to agree with you that Darkpaw will do it. Darkpaw is well aware the players want another round of epic weapons.

Since you're either ignorant of history or simply wish to ignore it, let me shine some light on it. It's been over 18 years since the last time a new set of Epic quests was introduced. Since then, almost monthly it seems, someone enthusiastically advocates for new epics. Over that time Darkpaw has changed hands several times, the team and ensuing expansions have shrunk, and developers have even commented on it. Oh, they could bring Epic 3.0 to life, yes. But it would mean sacrificing new content. Since the last expansion was perhaps the smallest ever in the history of Everquest, now is maybe the worst time to be enthusiastic about asking Darkpaw for something as excruciatingly complex and laborious as new Epics.
    Flatchy likes this.
  20. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

So???

This is comical.

As I stated earlier. It's a chat forum on a fossil of a game.

Your comments are not constructive nor do you speak on behalf of the gaming companies. Maybe, just maybe, enough push for epics may happen and you can grumble about it while you quest for it.

I'll continue to propose it as I please. Just like I will continue to propose a no-box server to really strike a nerve in the pro box players. Nothing wrong with exchanging ideas on these forums. If you do not like it you can ignore me or find someone else to bother like a flea.
    Kaenneth likes this.