Is eq turning into P2W?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ownanat, May 18, 2022.

1. brickz Augur

At launch, you can easily fill the 40 slot bags with enough stuff to vendor and turn the plat to krono which is then exchanged for gear or power leveling services, ie player power. On mischief launch, I made so much just farming hate/fear trash and vendoring the jewelry/tunneling the armor. There's no way I could have done that as effectively with only normal bags. Even leveling up, you passively acquire wealth when you can keep picking up the FS weapon drops while your non-bag group members have to pass. The 40 slot bags make it so class combinations like high elf cleric don't need to acquire WR bags and are still able to loot items to sell. It's not nearly as bad as the more predatory p2w games but it's way more than a mere convenience in the early expansions
  2. Typhus Elder

EQ TLPs are p2w once the TLP has progressed past a certain expansion and early level grouping is non exsistent. Krono Plvlers
  3. error Augur

As much as I would prefer everything in-game being exclusively obtainable through gameplay, the stuff you can buy in EQ is pretty tame compared to most modern games. About the only things you can (legitimately) purchase with real money that would give you a significant in-game advantage would be (1) krono and (2) a second account.
  4. Magician9001 Augur

EQs pay to win is called boxing with 3rd party software.
    Cept it's really not pay to win most of the time, it's cheat and get paid to win.