Fixed Kickplayers Raid command and Broken Advanced Loot Window Interaction

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Nenton, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Nenton Augur

Server: Rizlona
    Zones: Observed in DoN mission Lair of the Blackwing in Accursed Nest and Riftseeker's Sanctum zone in OoW.
    Issue: Loot does not go into the Advanced Loot window for the Group after the "/kickplayers raid" command is used to disband the Raid.

We experienced this first in the DoN mission Lair of the Blackwing where we were in a raid (9 characters), got the mission (it's given to the first 6 people), zoned into the mission instance with the 6 characters who had the task and then used the "/kickplayers raid" command (new command added in the January 2022 update). This disbands the raid but leaves the groups in tact. Our 6-person group proceeded to kill mobs in the instance, namely the "a black wing drake"s which drop the "Black Wing Drake Talons" needed for the mission and quickly realized we weren't seeing the drops in the Advanced Loot window. The quest drops were dropping but we needed to manually go into the corpses to loot the drops.

This happened on two separate occasions in Riftseeker's Sanctum with the same basic premise. We zoned into RSS in a raid of 9 characters. Used the "/kickplayers raid" command which left us in a group of 6 and a group of 3. The group of 6 (with outside the group help from the other 3) proceeds to kills mobs, get experience and no loot shows up in the Advanced Loot window. Loot is retrievable straight off the corpses on the ground (I did not test trying to loot from a character in the group of 3 to know if the corpses were globally unlocked or not).

I incidentally found a workaround/fix whereby I dropped one of the characters from the group of 6 and added them back. This restored the Advanced Loot window functionality.

Because I'm slow, we did this to ourselves a second night in RSS, quickly recognized our "mistake" and implemented the "fix" of removing and adding back one of the players which immediately restored the Advanced Loot functionality.
  2. Allayna Augur

I've also found that using that command /kickp raid while being the raid leader, the advl window for the raid leader only has a few options, leave on corpse being the main one I can recall. You can no longer assign any loot to anyone in your group.

So essentially, the advanced looting feature breaks when switching from raid back to group.
  3. Allayna Augur

After using the command /kickp raid, which keeps players in their individual groups but no longer in a raid format, advanced loot does not work consistently.

When the raid was set to leader only, and /kickp raid is used, then loot is not allowed to be assigned to anyone in the group, including mobs that are killed long after the command was used.

The options are as follows:
    Free grab - grayed out
    Leave on corpse - usable
    Give to: - grayed out and no names available

Additionally pre selected loot rules do not roll or work.

Under the Set all to: no player names are available. Only the following:
    Need, Greed, No, Always Need, Always Greed, and Never
    There aren't even commands to leave on corpse for all items in advanced loot.

Interestingly, if you kick someone from group, then create a raid with them again, it seems to function appropriately again...the first time, after that the advanced looting is completely broken, all names displayed, all features displayed, not able to assign to anyone, loot rules not followed.

At one point in using the command, advanced loot stopped working altogether and all loot was on the corpses like pre-advanced loot implementation.

So what's the point?

/kickp raid, breaks /advanced loot after using the command.

The only fix that I've seen after using it...is to fully disband your group person by person and re-invite each one, having to reset roles and everything.
    Zerker and Nenton like this.
  4. Nenton Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...oken-advanced-loot-window-interaction.281688/

My post on this got a Dev Like but no tag yet that it's confirmed or being worked on, etc. Hopefully internally?

I've gotten decently good at remembering to drop a group player and add them back after kicking a raid (which fixes it for us) since I find our team in that position practically daily but there are still times I forget. The loot going straight to corpses instead of into the Advanced Loot window happens to us every time I forget to kick a group player and re-add them.
    Zerker likes this.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

When 2 or more groups, in a raid.
    Do /kickplayers raid

Now still in the group, but no raids,
    kill something.
    Adv Loot shows up.
    it doesn't work properly.

Leader leaves group, invites players back to the group.
    Kill something,
    adv loot works properly again.

So adv loot doesn't work properly for group after being kicked from raid.
    Work around is have the leader leave the group and invite people back.

However, this make all the previous loot disappear in adv loot.

Make it so leader of a group after being kicked from raid, they don't have to leave their group and invite people back for the loot to be lootable.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Duplicate, reports have been opened.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...anced-loot-and-the-command-kickp-raid.282673/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...oken-advanced-loot-window-interaction.281688/
  7. TrueNorth Developer

Was able to confirm this and it is being tracked internally. Thank you for your reports!
    Allayna likes this.
  8. klanderso Developer

I've just submitted a fix for this internally, it's slated to go in July's update (was just a touch too late to make it in June's update).
    Beimeith and Meeko like this.