Epic Quests incoming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just letting you know that they have had a strong stance on this for a long time and we will not be getting new epics anytime soon. And based on the amount of content we have been getting in expansions recently I think it is a good stance to not introduce new epics.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

Yep - I like the choice part. Whether it's like the OG Warrior epic where it converts in a container, that Cleric hammer that right clicks, or even something reminiscent of the lvl 75 paragon set, or they just give you 3-4 items when you complete the quest.
    Protius likes this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I always thought a nice compromise were the possessed dreadstone weapons in Rain of Fear. You didn't get an epic quest, but each class got their own unique weapon.
    Hobitses and Dre. like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Class weapons are always good especially when they do something iconic like a spear for shaman or a 1hs for druid.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

Ditto for the boomerang weapons in UF, if it wasn't for the silly event. Great for using loyalty to twink out a lvl 80 though.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Chase items are a good replacement for epic quests.
  7. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Meh, it is a mere proposal/wishful thinking just like the lengthy conversation you and I had about server types. Too much work? That's just odd to say that when they have complete control to dictate how quickly the quest is completable.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The issue isn't how fast the quest is to run but how much dev work there is in creating quests for 16 classes and all the items that go along with that. All of that work means other content is cut and that isn't something appear to be willing to do. The purpose of my post was to let you known their public stance on epic quests.
  9. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

More "cost cutting" decisions. I get it... they just want to kinda softly manage the subscriptions and barely enforce rules and epic quests are too demanding. It's comical. I don't expect a direct link for their remarks. Whats a good key word search for the information you are relaying?
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Properly utilizing the limited amount of dev time that they have isn't a cost cutting measure it is just making sure you can release as much content as possible. As for finding search results with this information I am not sure as the forums are not easy to search.
  11. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

You sure spam a lot like you are an ex-dev or low-key using a non-dev account. Who are you? =P
    Stymie likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Letting someone know what the devs have said repeatedly about a topic is spam?
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

What they said was that as much as they would like to it would take a year and displace the work it would take for an expansion, so its not going to happen unless they someday get much more resources. And no they wont go a year without an expansion so just dont go there.
  14. Stymie Pendragon

Exactly.

This is a forum for discussion about things players like, dislike, and would like to have changed about the game.

Just because the devs have emphatically stated "NO" in the past does not mean the theoretical door is hermetically sealed shut. For instance, take the recent free trade servers as an example that shows quite the opposite.
    Chikkin and Protius like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless we get an increase in the amount of devs and they are able to start producing a lot more new content I would never expect to see them do epics again.
  16. Stymie Pendragon

Fair enough. However, it appears that they are trying to do just that. Does it mean anything in regards to this thread? Heck if I know, but I try my very best to avoid absolutes like "never". I have found in my half century of kicking around on this rock that using absolutes is generally a bad thing to do.

What is the old adage? Never say never?

https://g.co/kgs/Hpbgz5
    Protius likes this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I would 100% trade raids for new epic quests.
  18. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I would 100% trade epic quests for more group & raid content. Most players play a small handful of classes maybe even just 1-2 at cap. Making 16 huge quests that will each only be utilized by maybe 10-20% of the population is bad. Better to make more content and have the epic weapons be a generic reward for full completion of the new content, maybe with a generic class agnostic quest like tov earring to bind it all together. You also eliminate the complaints about class x having an easier time than class y that way. Then you just have to worry that 3-4 classes will get eternally bound to their 3.0 and the rest will be obsolete next expansion.
  19. Celephane Augur

You seem to have forgotten that all epics were the result of raids and raid drops. So only raiders would get them, until the content was old enough that non-raiders could do that content and have new weapons from many expansions ago.
  20. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Not in only in this chat thread, bro. You have a lot of threads you appear to commandeer ;)
    Stymie likes this.